Best Vacuum for Pet Hair: Canister and Upright Vacs Reviews
Helping You Get the Best Vacuum for Pet Hair Removal
If you love taking care of pets, you should know how important it is to find and be provided with best vacuum for pet hair. This should be considered because you are probably how hard it could to maintain cleanliness on your carpet, which will keep your home from smelling good.
Except when you have a hairless pet, you’ll always face the problem brought by pet hair that sticks to just about everything. Based on what I have experienced, it can be a very daunting task to accomplish a home free of pet hair with an active pet. Hence, it lets me battle finding the best vacuum cleaner available in town.
If your whole home contains tile or hard wood flooring, you will probably find the hardest area from which you will get rid of pet hair is your carpet. However, with the huge technological advancement that took place you no longer have to worry because there are certainly a number of vacuum cleaners to remove pet hair.
The search for a best vacuum for pet hair cleaner in eliminating pet hair can be quite a daunting task. There are various vacuum models in the market that boast of high effectiveness in dealing with pet hair. However, a good number of these machines are certainly not up to the task. So you need to avoid wasting your precious time and cash purchasing such vacuum cleaners.
This article will let you discover the best vacuum for pet hair from some of the well-known manufacturers in the vacuum cleaner industry. We detailed the selected models by going through the product features and specifications. The list is based on a collection of reviews on major online stores like Amazon, Walmart and Consumer reports.
You may like to know: Facts about pet hair vacuum.
- Best Vacuum for Pet Hair 2018 – Buying Guide
- Best Canister Vacuum for Pet Hair Reviews 2018
- Best Upright Vacuums for Pet Hair Removal
- Conclusion: Our Pick
Best Vacuum for Pet Hair 2018 – Buying Guide
There are various things that you need to take into consideration when selecting the best vacuum for pet hair including the canister vacuum. However, before making any selection, you will need to decide what type of vacuum you require and some other important factors to consider.
9 Important Factors to Consider Before Buying
1. Type of Vacuum
This is very important as different types of vacuums will be required depending on the nature of surface you will be using it on. Most vacuums may perform exceptionally well on furniture but then not deliver when it comes to carpet cleaning. Therefore ensure you know which type of vacuum is best suit for you.
We found that the full-size canister and upright vacuums work better in many occasions for pet hairs cleaning. However, there are other small vacuums that are suitable for this purpose like robot vacuum, stick vacs as well as handheld vacuum for pet hair. See our top recommendations in the following sections.
2. Price (Cost)
It is always a common thing to first look at the price. However, this may be quite misleading as the price difference between a cheap vacuum and a high quality one is not that much. In making the best selection, a pet owner needs to go through the pet vacuum reviews. This will give an insight of what other people think about the available models, which is based upon their experience of use. Also it would be quite an excellent idea to try and check out the latest models. This is due to the fact that newer versions are normally effective, compact, and efficient, compared to the older versions.
3. Power (Performance)
Suction power is another thing to keep in mind when selecting the best pet hair vacuum. You need to select one that packs enough power to effectively suck the hair into the disposal unit. Most cheap models would normally not offer the power you need in sucking the pet hair up. Therefore, you should always be cautious on what you pay for.
Durability and strength of the vacuum should also be factored in. Obviously, some reliable vacuum cleaners are not that cheap. So you will need to ensure that you select an extremely durable one. The durability of the brushroll needs to be considered as it is the part which all the pet hair wraps around. Therefore, make sure that the vacuum that you choose has a very stiff brush part for maximum strength.
5. Easy to handle
Ease of use is yet another factor to take into account. As a pet owner, you will need to determine whether or not it is easy to replace the attachments of the machine. In case you will need to perform regular changes, then you may also want to find out how much money you will need to spend on the replacements. Also, you need to go for the best vacuum for pet hair that features a long vacuum tube/hose. This will not only guarantee picking up of pet hair but also daily dust and dirt. This is particularly important in the canister vacuum cleaner.
In case you have a busy schedule that doesn’t offer you enough time or energy to perform manual cleaning, then a robotic vacuum, another good vacuum for pet hair choice, will suit you perfectly. With a robot vacuum, you simply have to place it on the floor and push the “go” button. You can then sit back and relax as the vacuum robot does all the hard work for you. There are various robotic vacuum cleaners in the market from which you can choose from. Therefore ensure that you have made a perfect selection and reviews before purchasing.
Versatility is a great feature to look for in any given vacuum cleaner. You will need to opt for a vacuum cleaner that performs the task of picking up both hair and dirt/dust. This will eliminate the need of purchasing two separate vacuums, which may prove uneconomical. There are many models on the market that can tackle any workload. You also can see our recommended models in the following section.
7. Noise Level
The noise generated by the vacuum cleaner also needs to be put into consideration. Certainly, no one likes the idea of operating or being exposed to a noisy vacuum. A noisy vacuum cleaner is a great distraction, not only to you but also to the people around. So make a point of selecting one with low noise levels.
8. Ease of Cleaning and Maintenance
This is another factor to take into account while choosing the top vacuums for pet hair. This is one thing that cannot be avoided even the best vacuum for pet hair as you will obviously need to clean it on a regular basis so as to prolong its useful life. You should choose the one that incorporates easy assembly and disassembly. This will allow you to clean it more effectively.
Finally, you will need to get the best vacuum for pet hair cleaner that features a more lightweight and compact design. A compact vacuum cleaner will allow for easy maneuvering besides allowing access to otherwise confined spaces. It also provides more convenience in terms of storage as it takes up a minimum storage space. A light model will save you from the occasional fatigue resulting from pushing the vacuum cleaner around.
Well, there are many vacuums in the market that can be use to clean the pet or cat hairs. However, some of the manufacturers specially design several model of vacuums that uses to clean not only your house but also animal hair. Following sections are the reviews of the top canister and upright vacuums for pet hair removal.
Best Canister Vacuum for Pet Hair Reviews 2018
The best canister vacuum for pet hair is the ones that offer effortless extraction of hair from furniture, carpet and upholstery. Selecting through the various available options proves much easier in case you read through the user reviews. This will help you get an idea of what is recommended by other pet owners.
However, to simplify your job, the following is a review of the top canister vacuums that truly stand out as an excellent choice in picking up pet hair.
1. Miele Classic C1 Cat and Dog Canister Vacuum Cleaner
This is a high-end model by Miele that specially designed for pet owners. Everything seems to be promising including the build is excellent, good suction, several useful attachments, and long warranty make it ideal for hard floors and pet hairs cleaning. Some more, it’s make by Germany and it has average lifespan of 20-year.
Here are the great features of this Miele pet hair vacuum:
- A quiet vacuum with 1200-watt Miele-made Vortex Motor.
- Six-speed suction controls via +/- rotary dial and electrobrush controls via handle.
- It uses Active AirClean filter that able to captures dusts and neutralize pet odor.
- STB20 Mini Turbo Brush for easy removal of hair and fluff.
- SEB228 Electro+ and SBB 300-3 Parquet Twister forehead offering a convenient for cleaning various floor types.
- The 18” electrical cord with one-touch automatic cord rewind feature.
- Three onboard accessories including dusting brush, upholstery tool and crevice nozzle.
- 7-year motor and casing warranty; 1-year warranty for parts and labor.
- Visit Amazon.com for more info and read the customer comments for the product.
2. Dyson DC39 Animal Canister Vacuum Cleaner
The Dyson DC39 is certainly one of the top choices when it comes to purchasing the best canister vacuum for pet hair. Its simple design renders it easier to assemble or set up and incorporated with the Dyson latest technology. So even if you are not skilled with tools, you will get it running in no time with just a few tried.
The DC39 has several great features that make it one of the machines ideal for pet hairs removal. Following are the product features:
- Radial Root Cyclone Technology – does not rely on bag or something to trap dirt and dust. This technology spins air at extremely high speeds thus maximize suction power.
- Use Dyson Ball technology for easy moving – can instantly change direction with just a turn of the wrist.
- Triggerhead tool – the only turbine head controlled at the handle so you no need to bend down to adjust settings when moving between floor types.
- Expels cleaner air – Dyson cyclones can capture microscopic particles such as pollen, mold and bacteria.
- Reduced Noise Levels – The essential parts of this vacuum are situated in the ball.
- Easy to empty bin – press the button to release the dirt.
- Extra onboard tools – tools like mini turbine head and stair tool make cleaning easier.
- 5-year warranty periods (parts and labor).
- For more info and check the latest price of this vacuum at Amazon.com.
Note: There is a newer model of this vacuum called Dyson Cinetic Animal Canister Vacuum.
3. Eureka Mighty Mite Pet Lover Canister Vacuum, 3684F
The Eureka Mighty Mite 3684F is a lightweight and very affordable vacuum that is pretty effective on hard floors to pick up crumbs, pet hair, etc especially it comes with special pet tool. It’s small so you can easily carry away (has wheels too for your cleaning convenient) and store it without taking much space.
This vacuum uses HEPA filter with extension wands and several dusting attachments make it suitable for carpet, bare floors, stairs and upholstery. Following are the product great features:
- It’s power with 12 amps motor, lightweight for easy moving and cleaning up pet hair.
- Use HEPA filter captures 99.97% of dust and pet dander.
- PET Power Paw® removes pet hair from carpet and upholstery. Plastic teeth loosen it, a rubber strip grabs it and bristles remove it.
- Blower Port – Blows away the dirt and debris pets track into the garage or workshop.
- Telescopic Wands – Provide extra-long reach to remove dirt from every surface.
- Cord length is 20 ft (not very long) and 11 inches long cleaning path for faster vacuuming.
- Useful onboard tools – Crevice tool, Dusting brush/Upholstery brush, Arm & Hammer Odor eliminating bag, and blower port.
- 1-year limited warranty.
- For more info and read more user reviews, click here.
Best Upright Vacuums for Pet Hair Removal
Upright vacuum cleaners usually incorporate a motor, a bag as well as a beater & hose in a single unit. Traditionally, this type of vacuum has been widely use for cleaning all type of floors including the pet hairs. There are many upright-style vacuum models that able to pick up pet hair effectively including some stick vacs. Following are our top picks and reviews.
1. Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet Upright Vacuum, NV752
This is one of the excellent choices to clean the hard floors and carpets including the pet hair. This Lift-Away allows you to detach the canister from the floor tool to simplify the cleaning especially under furniture’s. Thousands of customers were satisfied with the features and tools offer by this upright vac simply because it delivers unbeatable floor-to-ceiling cleaning power. So, this is definitely a great cleaning tool for a price that is affordable to all level of users.
Following are the features you can expect from this upright:
- A powerful and versatile cleaner.
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology plus HEPA filtration able to trap almost all the dust and allergens for freshen air.
- 3 power settings especially useful when dealing with low to high-pile carpets.
- A bagless vacuum with large dust cup.
- Advanced Swivel Steering for easy manoeuvrability especially under the furniture’s.
- Front 10 LED lights help you while cleaning the darker areas.
- Long 30” power cord but no auto cord rewind feature
- Several accessories for easy cleaning – Hard Floor Hero, TruePet Mini Motorized Brush, Pet Multi-Tool, and Duster Crevice.
- 5-year warranty
- Visit Amazon.com to check out the latest price of this vacuum.
2. Shark Rocket TruePet Ultra-Light Upright Vacuum, HV322
The Shark Rocket is very affordable vacuum that is powerful to remove pet hair from carpets, upholstery, and hard floors. This can be a great choice since it’s lightweight, versatile and cheaper than Dyson DC65 Animal (another great pet hair vacuum). You can use this cleaner to vacuum various type of floors at home including house with dog and cat as the accompany attachments cane ease the cleaning process.
Following are the excellent features that you can expect from this Shark vacuum:
- It’s an ultra-lightweight cleaner (less than 9 pounds) that makes everything easy to clean.
- 2-in-1 – a versatile upright vacuum that can be converted to handheld cleaner for bare floor to above floors cleaning.
- Uses 2 washable foam filters (not HEPA)
- Hard Floor Hero – great for bare floors cleaning such as stuck-on debris.
- Pet Multi-Tool – perfect for pet hair removal especially those embedded on carpets.
- Advanced Swivel Steering – let you easily maneuver around or under the furniture and other tight spaces.
- Long 32” power cord that let you clean a room without having to keep unplugging.
- 5 onboard tools – 12” crevice tool, upholstery tool, dusting brush, TruePet Motorized brush and extension wand.
- It has 5-year warranty.
- Visit here for more details info and read all the comments or customer reviews.
3. Hoover T-Series WindTunnel Pet Rewind Bagless Upright Vacuum, UH70210
If you are looking cheaper pet hair vacuum model, than this is a great choice. The ergonomic design and good features of this cleaner proven it works on many surfaces affectively. Pet owners will be shocked with the performance and how much it able to remove the pet hairs from carpets and bare floors.
Following are some of the great features of this vacuum:
- 12 amps power with Dual Cyclonic Action and patented WindTunnel® Technology – removes embedded dirt that other cleaners may leave behind.
- It’s a lightweight upright vacuum cleaner and bagless, so there are no costly bags to replace.
- It uses the industry standard HEPA filter and rinse-clean filter.
- It has 5 position height adjustments let you adjust as needed to clean various floor types.
- System Check Indicator – indicates when the filter needs to be cleaned or checked.
- Power cord is 27-foot length with auto retractable feature.
- No-scruff bumper – protects furniture when you can’t be as careful as you’d like.
- Its head is supercharged with patented multi-channel and has 12-inch extension wand.
- With included accessories like crevice tool, extension ward, Air-Powered hand tool, upholstery/dusting brush for smooth cleaning the furniture, lampshades, vents and draperies.
- Two–year warranty covers this unique vacuum against defective parts.
- If you want to get the good deal of Hoover T-Series Windtunnel upright vacuum UH70120 now, visit here.
Conclusion: Our Pick
The market comprises many choices for vacuum for pet hair cleaners. However, there are various factors to consider in selecting the best vacuum for pet hair as you already seem in this article. Though there are many techniques that can be used in achieving this, it is always recommended that you go through the online user reviews before making any purchase.
Nevertheless, you should consider purchasing from a reputable manufacturer as this will ease up your anxiety regarding the purchase. So you can always go online to read the customer reviews and you will certainly find the ultimate pet hair vacuum that you can afford.
We hope that this article can help you to choose the best vacuum for pet hair removals and get the best deal on the intended vacuum model. If you are still unsure which one to choose, just pick one model recommended by us and you won’t be wrong.
However, if you want our editor to pick the most reliable pet hair vacuum, the winner goes to Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet Upright Vacuum, NV752. As we already done the research for you, this is the most reliable Shark pet vacuum that you can trust and on average you will find 3 out of 4 customers are given a 5-star best rating on major online stores.
Categorised in: Articles & Tips