Vacuum cleaner market has a variety of bagged and bagless vacuum cleaners. Both have different advantages and disadvantages. The type of vacuum cleaner that is ideal for you is base upon many considerations like the cost, individual preferences, floor types, needs and cleaning efficiency, bagged vs bagless, etc.
A bagless vacuum cleaner must be empty when dirt container gives the signal of filled (about to full) and then it can be utilized again. Bagless vacs are not good for those who are allergic to dust, debris, etc. They are better on rough floors and work well on upholstery and stairs. (See the top-rated bagless canister models)
This article will give you ideas on the factors that you need to consider when getting a bagless canister vacuum. Also, the top models of bagless vacs are reviews and recommended below.
- Best Bagless Canister Vacuum Consumer Reports
- Why Bagless Vacuum Canister?
- The 7 Best Bagless Canister Vacuum Cleaner Reviews
- 1. Miele Blizzard CX1 Turbo Team
- 2. Dyson Big Ball Multifloor Canister Vac
- 3. Bissell Zing Bagless, 2156A
- 4. Severin Corded Bagless Canister Vac
- 5. Eureka NEN110A Whirlwind Bagless Canister Vacuum Cleaner
- 6. Ovente Bagless Cyclonic Canister, ST2620
- 7. Bissell Hard Floor Expert Bagless Vacuum, 1547
- Bagless Vs. Bagged Vacuum
- Have a look at those vacuum cleaner by budget:-
- Conclusion and Our Pick
Best Bagless Canister Vacuum Consumer Reports
Before we revealed the top models picks by our editors, you may want to know which bagless model pick by Consumer Reports? Here we go..
After searching the Consumer Reports website, we managed to find their pick for the best bagless canister model of the year.
This canister model from Miele turns out to be the best! It’s highly recommended as it earns an excellent rating as reported by CR’s. Even it’s not very good on the carpet (since canister is better for hard floors), but allergy sufferers will appreciate this HEPA filtration vacuum from Miele.
This model belongs to a pricey vacuum, but the quality of Miele cleaners is top-notch, definitely a brand that you can trust.
Also, this machine is designed to tackles the pet hairs & normal floor sweeping, and with the bagless convenient; you need to take a closer look at it.
Check out the professional video review & demonstration of Miele Blizzard CX1 bagless vacuum cleaner:
See how much you can save, buying the Miele Blizzard CX1 Turbo Team on Amazon.com
Why Bagless Vacuum Canister?
The analysis of factors needs to be considered while deciding the cleaner you want to purchase of bagless canister vac has been given below:
• Basics: The task of a canister vac is the elimination of dust particles, debris, rugs, fabrics, etc all through the home. These bagless vacuums used to collect all dirt into detachable canisters (bin).
• Cost: Bagless canister models are less costly as there is no frequent expenditure on bags. You do not need the substitutes like bags, but filters are used in bagless cleaners. At below $50, this Amazon bestseller model is the best cheap bagless vacuum.
• Thoroughness: Emptying the container of bagless vacuum cleaner is a messy thing, and it should not be done inside the house as dirt and dust ruin the environment of the house.
• Maintenance: The maintenance of bagless container need regular repair, replenishment of beater bars, replacement of canister seals, etc. The maintenance in case of the bagless container is costlier than other cleaners.
• Use: The usage of vacuum cleaner is another consideration before deciding which vacuum cleaner to choose. How frequently cleaner will be used, where it has to be used, etc. are important things to be considered before going for the choice of vacuum cleaners.
• Convenience: The important feature for which bagless vacuums are favored is convenience. After emptying the canister, the bagless cleaners can be easily dumped and kept anywhere. There are no messy bags and no need to hook up the bag again into the cleaner.
Just to let you know that the following touchless vacuum is getting popular and much attention from many users.
The 7 Best Bagless Canister Vacuum Cleaner Reviews
From the comparison chart available on our site homepage, we noticed that the top-rated models are more bagged canister vacs. Anyway, this article will let you know the pros and cons of both bagged and bagless vacuum(following section). Here are our editor’s top recommendation on the bagless cylinder models.
1. Miele Blizzard CX1 Turbo Team
Few bagless canister vacuum has the impressive features found in the Miele Blizzard CX1 Turbo Team. This Miele manufactured vacuum combines superb performance with an impressive design is our top pick.
The 1,200-W Miele-made motor with Vortex Technology to ensure powerful suction, comes with Parquet Twister brush for hard floor cleaning as well as a turbo brush to removes lint and pet hair. You just touch of a button to empties the dust container with max hygienic.
This is a great device for allergy prone and HEPA Lifetime filters as it captures 99.98% of dust particles, pollen & debris, and others from escaping. So, the filter efficiency of Blizzard can clean exhaust air to make you breathe easy. Overall, this is the best performing vacuum canister for carpet and hardwood floors.
- Powerful cleaner with 4-stage rotary selector power setting
- A multi-surface cleaner suitable for area rugs and hard floors
- Ergonomic handle + carrying handle and telescopic suction wand to extend the reach
- 360-degree swivel rubber wheels for maximum mobility
- One-touch automatic cord rewind (22-feet cord)
- Additional accessories: crevice tool, dusting brush and upholstery tool
- The price of this appliance belongs to the medium-high category
- It comes with a turbo brush (no powerhead) and few attachments
2. Dyson Big Ball Multifloor Canister Vac
This Dyson bagless cleaner is suitable for cleaning all types of surfaces from hard floors to carpets including the pet hairs because it’s equipped with Carbon fiber turbine floor head. The 2 Tier Radial Cyclones can effectively remove the dirt and allergens while the larger duct bin can collect more dirt before emptying. The simple bottom emptying process is hygienic.
This powerful canister vac is powered with the ball technology that all the major components are housed in the ball, and this allows you to move and steels smoothly and turns on a dime. Also, it’s certified asthma and allergy friendly vacuum since it uses the HEPA filter.
The self-standings when toppled is another nice add-on convenient features. Lastly, although it cost more than other models but long warranty of 5-year make this cleaner unbeatable and worth to buy. Check how much you can save, buying the Dyson Big Ball vacuum on Amazon.com.
- Lightweight with great suction power.
- A quite vacuum let you do the cleaning even at night.
- Suitable for cleaning various types of floors.
- 5-year long warranty
- The price is slightly higher than most of the traditional cleaners.
- Assembling instructions just picture (no text) but most people still can assemble it.
3. Bissell Zing Bagless, 2156A
The cheaper cost vacuums always get attention from the buyers especially if the vacuum also comes with handy features. This is what exactly the Bissell Zing canister 2156A can fulfill it. In fact, this is one of the best seller items on Amazon.com in canister/cylinder vacuums category.
Beside lightweight, the Cyclonic technology can provide continuous and good suction power for bare floors and carpets to make your cleaning process faster. The multi-surface floor tool lets you easily switch between cleaning the carpets and hard floors.
It uses multi-level filtration to captures dust and particles. The filters are washable, and the removable dirt cup can be empty pretty easy. Also, a 15 feet power cord is enough for you to clean an average room and you can extract it with just push of a button for easy storage. Well, this Bissell model is the best bagless canister under $100.
- Very lightweight and cheap (can get it for just about $50)
- Multi-Surface cleaning machine with retractable cord
- Cyclonic technology with multi-level filtrations
- Suction power is average, and the 15-ft power cord is not very long
- No locking handle to the pole cause the pole does pull apart when vacuuming
4. Severin Corded Bagless Canister Vac
This is Germany design cleaner that uses multi-cyclonic technology for superior cleaning power. The lightweight, compact and versatile machine make it easy to move around and suitable for cleaning hard floors and carpets. It uses the HEPA filter to better capture all the particles, dust mite, odors, mold, and spores.
You also can use the machine for above floor cleaning with the extended reach with the 35 inch easytouch telescopic tube. It has a 1.8L dust container (with push a button to empty) and 29ft cleaning radius ideal for medium to large rooms.
The accompany tools like XL parquet nozzle for hard floors, universal eco floor nozzle and other 3 pieces accessory set can really help you during the cleaning process at least it can save your precious time. Visit Severin.com or Amazon.com for more information.
- A Germany design quality, powerful and durable vacuum at reasonable price.
- Lightweight cleaner, using HEPA filter and multi-cyclonic technology deliver high suction power for your cleaning needs.
- Low-noise with just 77db quite let you do the cleaning even at night.
- Various attachments can help you clean faster.
- Some parts are made from plastic that make it easier to break.
- If the dirt container was bigger it will be better.
5. Eureka NEN110A Whirlwind Bagless Canister Vacuum Cleaner
This is a cheap bagless vacuum from Eureka that is in the market for quite some time. This whirlwind bagless cleaner is a multi-surface machine. You can use it to clean hard-floor, upholstery and carpets with just a switch of the fingertips.
A super lightweight cleaner of 8 lbs let you easy to maneuver around the home. The cyclone filtration system let you enjoy the good performance of air filtration. The unit comes with 16-ft cord that is capable of auto rewind.
It comes with 2-in-1 crevice tool and dusting brush and telescopic metal wand to help you do better cleaning. It also has standard 1-year warranty provided by the manufacturer.
- A very lightweight, easy to maneuver & multi-surface bagless vacuum canister.
- Easy empty dirt cup with just push of a button.
- The filter and dust cup is washable.
- Another budget model of bagless cleaner (<$100) for you to choose from.
- The power cord is a bit short.
6. Ovente Bagless Cyclonic Canister, ST2620
This is one of the cheaper bagless models available in the market with good ratings. Let’s check the latest price on Amazon now. With 1400 watts suction power, you can rely on this cleaner to deep clean all types of surfaces. Plus, this model is using a HEPA filtration system to batter captures small particles.
Several useful attachments are included like floor brush, crevice nozzle, bristle brush, pet/sofa brush, and a bendable multi-angle brush. Those tools can help you to clean literally any places and corners at home. This model comes with several colors for you to choose from.
Compare to other similar vacuums, this unit is an affordable cleaner, and it comes with one-year limited warranty. It scores high rating as you can see from the major online stores because of the overall performance of this cleaner.
- Very powerful and efficient (with multi-level filtration) device.
- A cheap canister vacuum that cost less than $100 (unbeatable value).
- Various attachments and the retractable cord is nice.
- Pretty efficient for other floors except on carpets but an upright is more suitable for carpet cleaning.
- Some users complain the handle has a suction adjuster on it that leaks.
Also, there is an older bagless model – Ovente ST2010 Cyclonic Vacuum for you to choose.
7. Bissell Hard Floor Expert Bagless Vacuum, 1547
Click here for more info. The compact and lightweight, specially designed for homes with hard floors is the selling point for this vacuum, but it’s not using the HEPA filter. So if any of your family members are suffering allergies or asthma, it’s not the best choice.
With the power rating of 9.2 amps, this cleaner is using the Multi-Cyclonic Technology to ensure the suction is great and last longer. It also has several tools to help you in cleaning different surfaces. Even the dirt cup is not very big, but you can easily empty it.
Compare to the Dyson/Miele models above, this is cheaper and hence it’s more affordable to many people. It also comes with 2-year limited warranty. Our editor also chosen this Bissell 1547 as one of the best canister vacuum for hardwood floors.
- A lightweight and quiet cleaner with multiple accessories.
- Effective on the hard floor especially picking up the small particles and dusts.
- 18-feet power cord is not very long but with cord retract feature.
- Affordable price.
- Less overall suction power
- Not effective on vacuuming carpets and stairs
- Not very compact in storage
Note: The older model of Bissell 1611 Hard Floor Expert Canister Vac also has similar features to this model and the price is cheaper too.
Before we conclude, let’s take a look on the differences between the bagless and bagged vacuum cleaner.
Bagless Vs. Bagged Vacuum
The following picture show simple comparisons between the two, do you agree?
The bagless canister cleaners have their advantages and disadvantages in usage. Depending upon the user and the need, the type of vacuum cleaner can be selected. Bagless canister vacuum guarantees cleaning with no danger or risk to the health of an individual. Even when children are around, there is no need to worry as it is easy and safe to use. Even if the price is an important consideration, a bagless vacuum cleaner is a good option. Alternatively, you can choose bagged canisters.
Bags are the technology of the past, while bagless is the technology of the future. There are many reasons as to why people choose a bagless cleaner. But basically, if you don’t like to guess when it’s time to change the bag, or pay for replacements bag, go for the bagless model.
Nowadays cleaning out the dirt and grime from your vacuum is as simple as unlocking the canister and disposing of the content. Put the canister back in, lock it and you off continuing with your work.
Have a look at those vacuum cleaner by budget:-
Conclusion and Our Pick
A bagless vacuum is typically easier to manage, as you just have to dump out the dirt compartment and give it a wash every once in a while. But with a bagged cleaner, you can be sure that everything will be collected in a bag for you, so that you don’t have to deal with any dirty hands on, at any time.
If you are still undecided which unit to choose, you can get any model listed above since it comes with different pricing (from cheap to more expensive). All the models also have good ratings and customer reviews that you can read at online stores like Amazon, eBay or Wal-mart.
Of course, if you want us to pick a best cheap bagless canister model, we will pick Bissell Zing bagless canister, 2156A since many users will look at the price as a deciding factor. This vacuum is very affordable, and it comes with many great features for your cleaning needs.
If you do not have the price constraint, then Miele Blizzard CX1 Turbo Team bagless vacuum is definitely a great choice! All the best in your bagless canister vacuum hunting!
Not what you were looking for?
Search again here: