Need a new canister vacuum, but only have a $100 budget, no problem! Here you go…
For people who are looking for a canister vacuum cleaner that can clean the home and increase the air freshness but is just not able to find cheap but good vacuums, then the cheap canister vacuum cleaners recommended here are what you must be looking for now.
If you are in a tight budget, there is no need to buy high-price vacuum cleaners since you can find the cheaper alternatives that can do the cleaning jobs pretty well. But to be honest, those inexpensive canisters tend to be fewer features, and onboard accessories compare to the more expensive canister models.
Cheap canister vacuums are suitable for those people who just need to do light cleaning or a smaller house with budgeted cash to spend. The main advantages of low-cost cleaners are that its several times far cheaper than other affordable cleaners and the accessories or replacement parts are very cheap too.
- Top 5 Cheap Canister Vacuum Reviews (Prices Under $100)
- Cheap Bagless Canister Vacuum #1: Bissell Zing Bagless Canister Vacuum, 2156A
- Cheap Canister Vacuum #2: Eureka Mighty Mite Canister Vacuum, 3670G
- Budget Canister Vac #3: Ovente Bagless Canister Cyclonic Vacuum (ST2010)
- Low-Cost Canister Vacuum #4: Bissell Zing Bagged Canister Vacuum, 4122
- Affordable Canister Machine #5: Bissell Zing Rewind Bagless Canister Vacuum, 6489
- Best Vacuum Under $100 – Buying Guide
- Conclusion: Cheap Canister Vacuum Can Do The Cleaning Jobs Too!
Top 5 Cheap Canister Vacuum Reviews (Prices Under $100)
Bissell, Eureka, Black and Decker, Dirt Devil, and Hoover all produce entry-level canister vacuums that cost less than $100. They also make many vacuum models that cost more than 100 dollars. To give you some idea about those low-cost canister vacuums, here are our top recommendations with genuine reviews:
Cheap Bagless Canister Vacuum #1: Bissell Zing Bagless Canister Vacuum, 2156A
For those who are looking for a best cheap bagless canister vacuum, then this is the cleaner must be on your top choice. It is suitable for people who look on easy moving; no extra cost to buy or change the bag and still can maintain the freshness & tidiness of their home. Following are the detail features and you can read the review of Bissell Zing lightweight canister vac, 2156A here.
Highlight the features of Bissell Zing 2156A:
- This is a 9 amps power rating vacuum.
- It’s a 10 lbs lightweight cleaner.
- It offers bagless convenient and cost saving.
- The 3-stage filtration to capture more particles (Dirt cup filters and a post-motor filter).
- Multi-surface cleaning capabilities (i.e., hard floor and carpet) with just flip of a switch.
- It uses removable dirt cup (2L capacity) with Easy Empty, hassle-free dirt cup emptying.
- 16” power cord with auto rewind feature for your convenience when wrapping the cable.
- On board tools like the crevice tool, dusting brush and the extension wand can let you reach more spaces including above floor cleaning.
- 1-year limited warranty.
- Check the Bissell Zing vacuum, 2156A at Amazon.com.
For a canister vac that is so affordable, you just cannot expect too much from it.
- Using post motor filter and not using the HEPA filter.
- No full bag indicator so you may need to check it manually.
Cheap Canister Vacuum #2: Eureka Mighty Mite Canister Vacuum, 3670G
This Eureka vacuum is one of the best-seller cheap canister models that you can find in the market. Following we will be discussing the features that made the vacuum cleaner a great one together with the disadvantages it has in comparison with other top canister vacuums.
The top features of Eureka 3670G Mighty Mite canister vacuum cleaner:
- It’s lightweight with powerful 12-amp motor.
- 2-settings height adjustment for bare floor and area rug cleaning.
- This bagged canister vacuum includes a triple filtration bag system.
- It has 6-piece attachment set with onboard tool storage; 7-foot crush-proof hose and 2 extension wands help the cleaning process easier and faster.
- Onboard tools: the upholstery nozzle/dusting brush, crevice tool, and carpet/bare floor nozzle.
- The 20-foot power cord allows you to take it with you wherever you go.
- The blower port blows debris from garage or workshop for maximum convenience.
- It has a 1-year warranty.
- Get this Eureka vacuum cleaner at Amazon.com.
Read our full review or here are the disadvantages of this canister model:
This inexpensive canister vacuum, like other pieces of equipment, also has its own disadvantages. One of its minuses is that the cleaner not using the HEPA filter and the vacuum bags is not easy to find in local stores and had to order them online.
Also, the canister doesn’t have an automatic cord rewind feature. Hence, you may need to wrap it manually after using the cleaner. Overall, this is a reliable and one of the best seller canister vacuum at Amazon.com. Our editor also picked this cleaner as one of the best canister vacuum for hardwood floors.
Budget Canister Vac #3: Ovente Bagless Canister Cyclonic Vacuum (ST2010)
Compare to others, Ovente is considered a less-known brand for many people. However, the cheap Ovente ST2010 can be a great addition to your home cleaning appliances. It’s efficient in cleaning low-pile carpets as well as hard floors. You can always encourage to read the online reviews before making a decision.
Here are the lists of its features:
- Compact design with powerful 1200-watts motor for reliable suction.
- It uses multi-level filtration HEPA filter system that can capture almost all the particles.
- Bagless convenient with a light weight of 12 lbs.
- The adjustable telescopic wand and 360° swivel hose can help you reach hard to reach places as well as above floor cleaning.
- A clear dirt cup that can be empty easily.
- About 16 feet power cord with auto rewind capability.
- The onboard tools including: crevice nozzle/bristle brush, sofa/pet brush, and floor brush.
- 1-year limited warranty.
- Click here for more concise info at Amazon.com.
Well, this vacuum seems to be perfect for your needs, however we also found little drawbacks for this cleaner like the materials used to make this cleaner is from cheap plastics and the power cord is little short that may not be very convenient if you have bigger room/space to clean, but you can use an extension if needed.
Low-Cost Canister Vacuum #4: Bissell Zing Bagged Canister Vacuum, 4122
This is another cheaper canister vacuums in the market with good value for money. Not the best but definitely can help you do the quick cleaning if you need it. Read the full review.
Following are the top features of this vacuum cleaner:
- This lightweight canister vacuum has a powerful suction power that is intended for getting dirt and dust from a different type of surfaces.
- You can adjust and controls the power you want when cleaning different surfaces with the Variable Suction Control.
- A multi-surface cleaning technology lets you easily turn from cleaning carpets and rugs to ceramic tiles and hard floors with just flip of a switch.
- To maintain its high and consistent suction power, this lightweight cleaner has a full bag indicator to alert you when to empty the bag.
- The cleaner has a telescoping wand for extra reach and comfortable cleaning in the height you want.
- The vacuum has a swivel head that can let you clean some of the places that are difficult to reach.
- The 17-ft power cord is a bit short and hence may require you to keep plugging while cleaning a bigger room. Cord auto-retract makes the cord rewind easier.
- It also has wheels that would keep it rolling easily wherever you may go as you clean.
- 1-year limited warranty.
- Check the current price at Amazon.com.
However, we do found several drawbacks of this cleaner while doing the review:
- It uses pre-motor foam filter (Not the HEPA filter which is better).
- The 17 feet cord may be a bit shorter than what you are expecting.
- No headlight and soft bumper to prevent furniture scratches, but NOT many canister vacuums have this feature.
Affordable Canister Machine #5: Bissell Zing Rewind Bagless Canister Vacuum, 6489
This is one of the cheapest vacuum models that cost well under $100. It’s easy to maneuver so you can use it to clean bare floors as well as above floors cleaning including stairs, upholstery, car interiors, etc. You can easily switch between cleaning the hard floors and carpets with a flip of a switch. Click here for the unbias review.
The great features that you can expect from this corded cleaner:
- It’s a 9 amps power rating lightweight vacuum (10 lbs).
- Bagless advantage so you no need to buy or change any bags.
- 3-stage filtration including post-motor filter plus dirt cup filters to capture all the dust.
- 2 L dirt cup capacity with Easy Empty dirt cup feature.
- 15 feet power cord length with automatic cord rewind
- Accessories like combination crevice tool/dusting brush are included.
- 1-year limited warranty.
- Buy Bissell Zing Bagless Canister Vac, 6489 Now!
This machine is similar to the Bissell Zing, 2156A, but this unit not using the HEPA filter so the vacuum is very cheap. Overall, it’s not the best-rated cleaner but definitely can clean most of your house spaces.
Best Vacuum Under $100 – Buying Guide
There is some things you should look out for when researching the best vacuum under 100 dollars so that you don’t end up wasting your money. You may also like: Top 5 Canister Vacuum Cleaners For Under $300.
The following are some of the important features to see when looking for in a new cleaner.
Bagged or Bagless
The selection of bagless or bagged vacuum is always debatable. For a bagged cleaner, you can enjoy their consistent suction power but the bag needs to be replaced from time to time. You don’t have to worry about the dust as just throw the bag into the trash. Some machines have a washable bag but also need to be replaced eventually.
The main advantage of bagless cleaner is that you do not require to buy the replacement bags (thus save the cost) BUT you need to empty the dust bin regularly since the suction power will decreases once the bin is about to the full. For a bagless device, make sure the dust bin is easy to empty – usually you just need to push a bottom to empty it.
See our picks on the best bagless canister vacuum.
Some people believe that cheap cleaners won’t be very powerful, is that true? Just look at the suction power rating of the vacuum (usually measured in amp or watt). Some unit comes with Cyclonic features to ensure the consistency of the suction power.
There are different types of vacuums on the market, and the most powerful doesn’t have to mean the most expensive. Visit our home page comparison table for different pricing and models of canister vacuums.
Cord or Cordless
The corded vacuums is the technology of the past, which mean all the traditional vacuums are corded. The cordless vacuums are powered by the battery and most common types are the handheld and stick models. For corded vacuums, make sure the power cord is long (more than 23-foot) unless your house has many power sockets throughout the house.
Generally, cordless vacuum models are more expensive. It’s very convenient as you can clean any places as you wish. Just you need to charge the battery every 20-30 minutes of cleaning and you need to know the battery takes how long to fully charged.
If allergies to pollen, pet dander or dust mites are an issue then do not compromise on a HEPA filter. Yes, you can find vacuums under $100 with HEPA filters. You may like to see the best canister vacuum for allergy & asthma sufferers.
Cheaper vacuums do tend to have standard filters though so check the manufacturer’s description carefully. All filters require maintenance; usually regular washing is enough, while others may need complete replacement. Check reviews and owner manuals for schedules of maintenance.
Do you really need 3 similar tools of different widths and lengths? A dusting brush, an upholstery brush, a flexible hose, an extendable wand, a small head, a motorized head, and a fancy turbo-powered pet hair brush?
Adding more attachments to a vacuum will be good but it will add dollars to the price of the vacuum. For most household jobs all you need is a standard head and a crevice tool. So if you want to find the best canister vacuum under 100 dollars, you may have to give some less useful attachments a miss.
The weight of a vacuum seems to bear no relationship to its cost. If you choose handheld to go for lightweight as it is easier to carry around. Heavier vacuums may not suitable for senior citizens as it’s not easy to move around the furniture. However, depending on the floor types and size of your house, choose a reliable model of vacuum. See our editor’s recommendations here.
Many vacuums are marketed as the best for pet hair. Usually, if you get a vacuum with powerful suction with proper pet tools, you can deal with dog or cat hair.The specialized pet attachments are able to scrape the pet hair off furniture or carpets.
The latest or newest vacuum model will always be the more expensive. But the new models aren’t always that much different to the previous one – may be just a few tweaks to the design or a slightly different shaped filter. Buying a high-quality vacuum on clearance can be a good way to save $100’s and get the best vacuum under 100 dollars.
The best way to find the best vacuum under 100 dollars is to read the ‘real’ customer reviews available online like checking out the Amazon reviews for verified purchases. The more popular vacuums can have many reviews to read through. Sort them by most recent as old reviews may refer to issues with the vacuum when it was new that has since been rectified by the manufacturer. Don’t just read the 4 and 5-star reviews. See what caused the real customers who had given the lower ratings. It may be something that doesn’t bother you.
Best Cheap Canister Vacuum ~ Our Pick: Bissell Zing Bagless Vacuum, 2156A
Conclusion: Cheap Canister Vacuum Can Do The Cleaning Jobs Too!
With the five of the leading budget canister vacuums recommended above, it can be concluded that even every model has its disadvantages, they are still worth to take a look seriously if you are looking for cheap yet reliable canister cleaners.
Well, you cannot compare the above units with the high-end models that cost far more expensive. With the price of under $100, you should give those machines a try especially if you are looking for a budget vacuum.
While we do the research, we also found that Amazon is offering a very reasonable price compare to other online stores. A recommended unit like Bissell Zing Bagless Canister Vacuum, 2156A you can get it for about $50 which is no brainer, just get it now. Test it for yourself, and you will know why it’s the best seller unit!
So you decided the exact inexpensive canister vacuum that you prefer go directly to the Amazon site and make your order. Amazon.com is the most reliable store that offers a very reasonable price with great customer services. Most purchases also come with 30-day money back guarantees. All the best!