Last Updated on
Are you sick and tired of all the household vacuum cleaners that break down a lot? I know how you feel. Most vacuum machines intended for home use just could not last long. They tend to break down or having some problems after some time using it.
Perhaps this is the main reason why most people think about buying commercial vacuum cleaners. Should you also get one for your home?
Commercial vacuum machines are usually designed to help commercial establishments in their cleaning needs. Hotels, offices, restaurants, inns, and resorts use these cleaning machines. Because of such huge cleaning needs, these machines have been equipped with more powerful suction system and more durable construction.
In this article, we will reveal to you some of the benefits of using commercial cleaner as well as the recommended canister vacuum models.
- Why Choose a Commercial Vacuum?
- Best Commercial Canister Vacuum Cleaner Reviews
- Commercial Vacuum Cleaners – A Buying Guide
- Our Verdict and Pick
Why Choose a Commercial Vacuum?
Based on all the reviews about the different brands of commercial vacuums these days, it would seem like buying this type of cleaning machine is indeed more practical. Of course the traditional cleaners like canister, upright, etc have their own strengths and weaknesses.
Here are some of the benefits of using commercial machines:
- They usually last longer
Although the motor system is similar to that of household vacuums, the motor system in the commercial ones seems to withstand wear and tear much longer. It is because they are expected to be used for bigger establishments.
If your house is bigger than a two-storey house, you definitely need this kind of cleaning machine. It is perfect for cleaning carpets, windowsills and upholstery.
- They have bigger suction power
It seems like the suction system for commercial vacuums are bigger. Because of that, they can effectively suck tiny dirt particles, hair and pet dander. Moreover, they do not collect in the opening tube of the attachments so they do not block the flow of air.
- They come with various attachments
You need attachments that can clean narrow spaces and crevices. The commercial cleaning machine can do that for you. A complete set usually includes attachments, brushes, tools or metal wands that can clean narrow spaces or any other areas in your home.
Most of these machines have been equipped with a HEPA filtration system. It can filter tiny dust particles so dust will not fly back to your face or travel elsewhere. Also, the power cord also longer to cater the commercial cleaning needs.
- They have competitive price
Last time, the commercial units maybe quite expensive but now they are cheaper and some units even can get it for about $100. So, the price is no longer a critical factor when considering a commercial canister vacuum.
Best Commercial Canister Vacuum Cleaner Reviews
Before buying this kind of vacuum cleaner, you should weigh down the pros and cons. But here we pick the top-rated commercial canister models in the market now.
Hoover CH30000 PortaPower Lightweight Commercial Canister Vacuum
As one of the cheaper yet reliable commercial vacuum, this unit is one of the best seller commercial canister vacuums on Amazon.com. Compare to other machines, this is not the powerful cleaner since the motor is 7.4 amps.
- Small and Lightweight – With just 8.3 lbs, you can easily move around the vacuum to the entire home. Small in size also let you store the device easier.
- Affordable – All people can get the cheap price of this cleaner. Sometime, Amazon is offering the unit at below $100, check the latest price now.
- Long cable – A 33 ft cable length can let you clean the larger areas easier. The stretch hose can also extend the reach (including above floors cleaning)
- Cleaning accessories pack – Several tools in the pack let you do the detailed cleaning easier.
- The suction power moderate and you cannot expect it to pick up everything on the floors.
- No pad on the shoulder strap.
- You have to manually wrap the cord.
- No ergonomic handle.
Bottom line, this commercial vacuum performs well if you consider the cheap price. To read the full review of this commercial vacuum, click here.
Oreck Commercial BB900DGR XL Pro 5 Super Compact Canister Vacuum
This is another lightweight commercial-grade canister vacuum with handheld convenient. You can expect this powerful vacuum to pick up anything from pet hair to dusts and debris. You also can use the unit for automotive.
- Good suction for quick pickups (4-amp motor)
- Compact, lightweight design with the weights of just 5lbs
- Adjustable extension wand and 4-foot hose suitable for above-floor cleanings
- Long 30ft power cord to cover larger areas
- Includes 7 attachments for your cleaning needs
- A bagged vacuum that required you to buy a bag from time to time
- Some customers saying that there are parts that can broke easily
- Occasionally, the shoulder strap came off from the unit
After all, this is a compact canister vacuum that can help you doing the quick cleanup for both commercial offices and residential homes.
Hoover Commercial Lightweight Backpack Vacuum, C2401
We noticed there are several commercial backpack vacuum that can do pretty good jobs. This cleaner from Hoover is one of the reliable backpack vacuums that you can trust. You can carry along the vacuum and all the dirt and debris collected will be stored in a backpack canister. The machine comes with many attachments and different lengths of extensions make it very versatile, suitable for bare and above floors cleaning.
- Lightweight and powerful – weight 9.2 pounds offer great mobility and performance.
- HEPA filter – can eliminates up to 99.97% of small particles like dust mites, pollen, etc.
- Long cord, big dust storage – It can store up to 6.4 quarts of dust and debris and with the extra-long 48 ft power cord.
- Quiet operation – With just 66dBA when in operation, you can do the cleaning anytime without disturbing others.
- Attachment kit – 38″ two piece straight metal wands, 60″ positive locking hose, 11″ turbo floor tool, 2″ dusting brush, 6″ crevice tool, and 4″ upholstery tool.
- The vacuum is less effective when dealing with carpeted floors.
- Not user-friendly vacuum especially if you are not familiar with backpack-style cleaner.
- No place to store the attachments on the unit itself.
- No cord role up system so you need to detangle before you use it and gets tangled after used it.
This model also pick by our editor as one of the best vacuums for restaurant. So, if you like the commercial backpack vacuum, then this unit is a good choice for your house or office cleaning needs.
Check out what other reviewer are picked on the top 10 commercial vacuums for home use or worksites:
Commercial Vacuum Cleaners – A Buying Guide
There are ample varieties of top rated vacuum cleaners available these days. Most of them are crafted for domestic use or normal cleaning but some clean-up jobs require heavy duty work, and therein come the commercial vacuum cleaners into picture.
Commercial vacuum cleaners contain a powerful motor along with a strong body that can survive the damages of industrial usage. Even though they might not have most of the qualities of a high-end, lightweight vacuum cleaner used in ordinary homes, they definitely clean floors and carpets more efficiently.
Tips for Buying a Commercial Vacuum Cleaner
One needs to choose according to the budget, but it has been proven that the ones with the widest cleaning path along with the good power are the most popular. Here are some of the important tips for buying a commercial vacuum:
- Heavy Suction
The motor’s power is the first thing that has to be considered. Choose a model with a minimum of 10-amp motor so that even heavy carpets can be cleaned.
- Wide Cleaning Path
To ensure that the job gets done quickly, opt for a commercial vacuum that has a wide cleaning path. Some commercial cleaners have a cleaning path that is approximately 1 foot to as wide as 3 feet.
- Long Power Cord
One needs a commercial vacuum cleaner that has a power cord which is a minimum of 30 feets long to manage a large area without having to switch power outlets. Some industrial units come with 50 feet long power cords.
- The Usage
While purchasing a commercial cleaner, consider its primary usage. For large places like passage ways, conference rooms and banquet halls, one must get an upright vacuum cleaner that has a wide cleaning path. A backpack or canister vacuum cleaner is best for cleaning booths and places that are hard-to-reach. Consider the attachments like extensions tubes, bare floor tools and crevice tools that are available along with the vacuum cleaner.
- Warranty Period
Pick a vacuum cleaner with the longest warranty possible since repairs are expensive so choose one with brilliant service warranty.
- HEPA Filtration
HEPA filters are suggested for commercial vacuum cleaners in order to have more efficient removal of allergens and dust. Industrial vacuum cleaners which are used in surroundings with dangerous or toxic residues need specified filters that call for particular supervision while disposal.
Our Verdict and Pick
Commercial vacuum cleaners are structured for everyday rigorous use. They are often used in hotels, conference rooms, schools, restaurants and hospitals. What a vacuum cleaner made for home undergoes in a whole life, a commercial vacuum device can easily endure in a single month.
If you are still unsure which commercial machine you want to get, you can choose any one of the models recommended above. If you want us to pick a model, you can get the Hoover CH30000 PortaPower Lightweight Commercial Canister Vacuum.
This Hoover vacuum is one of the affordable yet reliable commercial cleaner. You can have it to clean almost all types of floors with the various attachments included. It’s one of the hot seller vacuums on Amazon.com.