Last updated on February 19th, 2023
If you love taking care of pets, you should know how important it is to find and be provided with the best vacuum for pet hair. This should be considered because you are probably how hard it could to maintain cleanliness on your carpet, which will keep your home from smelling good.
Except when you have a hairless pet, you’ll always face the problem brought by cat or dog hair that sticks to just about everything. Based on what I have experienced, it can be a very daunting task to accomplish a home free of animal hair with an active pet. Hence, it lets me battle finding a great vacuum model available in town.
If your whole home contains tile or hardwood flooring, you will probably find the hardest area from which you will get rid of animal hair in your carpet. However, with the huge technological advancement that took place, you no longer have to worry because there are certainly some vacuum cleaners to remove cat/dog hair.
The search for the best vacuum in eliminating animal hair can be quite a daunting task. There are various vacuum models in the market that boast of high effectiveness in dealing with dog or cat hair. However, a good number of these machines are certainly not up to the task. So you need to avoid wasting your precious time and cash purchasing such vacuum cleaners.
This article will let you discover the best pet hair vacuum from some of the well-known manufacturers in the vacuum industry. We detailed the selected models by going through the product features and specifications. The list is based on a collection of reviews on major online stores like Amazon, Walmart, and Consumer Reports.
You may like to know: Facts about pet hair vacuum.
Best Canister Vacuum for Pet Reviews
The best pet hair canister vac is the one that offers easy extraction of hair from furniture, carpet, and upholstery. Selecting through the various available options proves much easier in case you read through the user reviews. This will help you get an idea of what is recommended by other pet owners.
However, to simplify your job, the following is a review of the top canister machines that truly stand out as an excellent choice in picking up animal hair.
1. Miele Classic C1 Cat and Dog
This is a middle-end model by Miele that specially designed for pet owners. Everything seems to be promising including the build is excellent, good suction, several useful attachments, and long warranty make it ideal for hard floors and pet hairs cleaning. Some more, it’s made by Germany, and it has an average lifespan of 20-year.
Following are the top features of this Miele canister vac:
- A quiet vacuum with 1200-watt powered by a Miele-made Vortex Motor.
- Six-speed suction controls via +/- rotary dial and electrobrush controls via the handle.
- It uses an Active AirClean filter that able to captures dust and neutralize pet odor.
- STB20 Mini Turbo Brush for easy removal of hair and fluff.
- SEB228 Electro+ and SBB 300-3 Parquet Twister forehead offering a convenient for cleaning various floor types.
- The 18” electrical cord with a one-touch automatic cord rewind feature.
- Three onboard accessories including a dusting brush, upholstery tool, and crevice nozzle.
- 7-year motor and casing warranty; 1-year warranty for labor, and parts.
- Go to Amazon.com for more info and read the customer comments for the product.
P/s: If the budget is not your constraint, consider getting the greater high-end model – Miele C3 cat and dog.
2. Dyson DC39 Animal
The Dyson DC39 is certainly one of the top choices when it comes to purchasing the best canister vacuum for pet hair. Its simple design renders it easier to assemble or set up and incorporated with Dyson’s latest technology. So even if you are not skilled with tools, you will get it running in no time with just a few tried.
The DC39 has several great features that make it one of the machines ideal for removing cat and dog hairs. Following are the product features:
- Radial Root Cyclone Technology – This technology spins air at high speeds to maximize the suction. It does not rely on a bag to trap dust, dirt, and pollens.
- Use Dyson Ball technology for easy moving – can instantly change direction with just a turn of the wrist.
- Triggerhead tool – the turbine head controlled at the handle so you no need to bend down to adjust settings when moving between floor types.
- Expels cleaner air – Dyson cyclones can capture microscopic particles such as pollen, mold, and bacteria.
- Reduced Noise Levels – The essential parts of this vacuum are situated in the ball.
- Easy to empty bin – press the button to release the dirt.
- Extra onboard tools – tools like a mini turbine head and a stair tool make cleaning easier.
- Long 5-year warranty (labor and parts).
- For more info and you can check the latest price of this Dyson model at Amazon.com.
Note: There is a newer model of this vacuum called the Dyson Cinetic Animal Canister Vacuum.
3. Eureka Mighty Mite Pet Lover, 3684F
The Eureka Mighty Mite 3684F is a lightweight and very affordable vacuum that is pretty effective on hard floors to pick up crumbs, animal hair, etc. especially it comes with a special pet tool. It’s small, so you can easily carry away (has wheels too for your cleaning convenience) and store it without taking much space.
This Eureka vacuum uses a HEPA filter with extension wands, and several dusting attachments to make it suitable for carpet, bare floors, stairs, and upholstery. Following are the product great features:
- It’s power with 12 amps motor, lightweight for easy moving and cleaning up various places at home.
- Use HEPA filter – To capture up to 99.97% of pet dander and dust.
- Special PET Power Paw® tool – To removes dog/cat hair from upholstery and carpet.
- Blower Port – Help to blows away the dirt and debris pets track into the workshop or garage.
- Telescopic Wands – Provide extra-long reach to remove dirt from every surface.
- The power cord length is 20 ft (not very long) and 11 inches long cleaning path for faster vacuuming.
- Useful onboard tools – Crevice tool, Dusting brush/Upholstery brush, Arm & Hammer Odor eliminating bag, and blower port.
- 1-year limited warranty.
- To get more concise info and read the genuine customer reviews, click here.
See the best vacuum for pet & allergies TESTS video:
Best Upright Vacuum for Pet Hair Removals
Upright vacuum cleaners usually incorporate a motor, a bag as well as a beater & hose in a single unit. Traditionally, this type of vacuum has been widely used for cleaning all types of floors including pet hairs. There are many upright-style vacuum models that able to pick up dog and cat hair effectively including some stick vacs. Following are our top picks and reviews.
1. Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet, NV752
This is one of the excellent choices to clean the hard floors and carpets including the animal hair. This Lift-Away allows you to detach the canister from the floor tool to simplify the cleaning, especially under furniture. Thousands of customers were satisfied with the features and tools to offer by this upright vac simply because it delivers unbeatable floor-to-ceiling cleaning power. So, this is a great cleaning tool for a price that is affordable to all levels of users.
Following are the features you can expect from this upright vac:
- A powerful and versatile cleaner.
- Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology plus HEPA filtration able to trap almost all the dust and allergens for freshening the air.
- 3 power settings especially useful when dealing with low to high-pile carpets.
- A bagless vacuum with a large dust cup.
- Advanced Swivel Steering for easy maneuverability especially under the furniture.
- Front 10 LED lights help you while cleaning the darker areas.
- Long 30” power cord but no auto cord rewind feature.
- Several accessories for easy cleaning – Hard Floor Hero, TruePet Mini Motorized Brush, Pet Multi-Tool, and Duster Crevice.
- 5-year warranty.
- Visit Amazon.com to check out the current price of this upright vacuum.
2. Shark Rocket TruePet Ultra-Light, HV322
The Shark Rocket is a very affordable vacuum that is powerful to remove pet hair from carpets, upholstery, and hard floors. This can be a great choice since it’s lightweight, versatile, and cheaper than Dyson DC65 Animal (another great pet vacuum). You can use this cleaner to vacuum various types of floors at the home including houses with dogs and cats as they accompany attachments can ease the cleaning process.
It is also easy to switch from an upright stick vacuum to a handheld vacuum so if you are vacuuming the carpet and later need to vacuum the sofa, you can switch very easily and then switch again to vacuum the floor. You can use this vacuum in the house as well as for your car.
Discover the excellent features of this Shark Rocket TruePet vacuum:
- It’s an ultra-lightweight cleaner (less than 9 pounds) that makes everything easy to clean.
- 2-in-1 – a versatile upright vacuum that can be converted to handheld cleaner for a bare floor to above floors cleaning.
- The machine uses 2 washable foam filters (not HEPA filters).
- Hard Floor Hero – great for bare floor cleaning such as stuck-on debris.
- Pet Multi-Tool – perfect for cat/dog hair removal especially those embedded on carpets.
- Advanced Swivel Steering – let you easily maneuver around or under the furniture and other tight spaces.
- Long 32” power cord that lets you clean a room without having to keep unplugging.
- 5 onboard tools – 12” crevice tool, upholstery tool, dusting brush, TruePet Motorized brush, and extension wand.
- It has a 5-year warranty.
- Visit here for more detailed info and read all the comments or customer reviews.
3. Hoover T-Series WindTunnel Pet Rewind, UH70210
If you are looking cheaper pet hair vacuum model then this is a great choice. The ergonomic design and good features of this cleaner are proven it works on many surfaces effectively. Pet owners will be shocked with the performance and how much the machine able to remove the animal hairs from carpets and bare floors.
We knew how important to outlines the vacuum features for you:
- 12 amps power with Dual Cyclonic Action and patented WindTunnel® Technology – removes embedded dirt that other cleaners may leave behind.
- It’s a lightweight upright vacuum cleaner and bagless, so there are no costly bags to replace.
- It uses the industry-standard HEPA filter and rinse-clean filter.
- It has 5-position height adjustments that let you adjust as needed to clean various floor types.
- System Check Indicator – indicates when the filter needs to be cleaned or checked.
- A power cord is a 27-foot length with an auto-retractable feature.
- No-scruff bumper – protects furniture when you can’t be as careful as you’d like.
- Its head is supercharged with patented multi-channel and has a 12-inch extension wand.
- With included accessories like a crevice tool, extension ward, Air-Powered hand tool, upholstery/dusting brush for smooth cleaning the furniture, lampshades, vents, and draperies.
- A two–year warranty covers this unique vacuum against defective parts.
- If you want to get a good deal of Hoover T-Series Windtunnel upright vacuum UH70120 now, visit here.
Best Stick Vac for Pet
1. Dyson V6 Animal Cord-free Vacuum
Our choice for the best stick vacuum for pet hair is from Dyson. The Dyson V6 Animal is one of the powerful and efficient vacuums for removing dirt especially fur. Those who have animals around home know-how could difficult to remove hair from the sofa, rug, or carpets.
Many vacuum cleaners are good for short furs but not for such long hair. Not only the long fur of the animal also human hairs stuck into these places which are difficult to cleaner entirely. But this is very effective to clean anything like this. Its suction power is sufficient for an area within a short time by leaving a neat and tidy effect.
First of all the cordless vacuum is lightweight, only 5 pounds.
Second, it comes with the handheld mode. That means when you are going to deep cleaning on the sofa, armchair, car seat, etc. you will get the best closer cleaning at a time. The wand is easy and quick to detach for handheld mode and easier more to attach.
And finally, its mini motorized tool which is mainly made of fur and dog/cat hair and other ground-in-dirt from the furniture or car seats and some other tight spaces. Actually, you can use the vacuum as you need, your way.
This best pet vacuum cleaner comes with a direct-debris cleaner head and driver’s bristles. These tools are great to remove all the derbies and allergens inside from the rugs or mattress. Moreover, its additional small motorized device takes outs hair and ground-in dirt or derbies hid in the corner also very well. Like the corded vacuum machine, it will not tie you up with wire, plugs, and sockets. Just charge it’s for ¾ hours, and it’s ready to work.
- High suction power to remove dog hairs effectively.
- Easy to reach and clean under the furniture.
- No need to use a cord for the plug-in, just charge it fully and operate.
- The attachments are well, made and simple to attach/detaches for tasks.
- Lightweight, so easy to carry and work.
- Includes mini motorized tool for sofa and upholstery cleaning.
- Time limitation- means you have fixed minutes to complete the cleaning task.
- Small capacity container.
This hair removing stick vacuum is quite easy to maintaining too. Whenever you accomplish the task just clean the tools well. It will be helpful to keep the vacuum cleaner alright for a long time. Overall, it’s a good cleaner at a reasonable price.
Best Handheld Vacuum for Dog/Cat Hair
Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Handheld Vacuum, Corded, 33A1
This Bissell handheld vacuum is best suited for pet lovers because the small and powerful machine is able to clean the hair with ease in a hassle-free manner. Model number 33A1 is best suited for use as it is having a rubber finger nozzle, which is appropriate for cleaning the hair from a rough surface, unlike other nozzles which are not capable of dislodging the hair from the surface. It is small yet powerful and can do wonders in seconds.
This vacuum has a cleaning path of 2-3/4 inches. Some people think that it is heavy, but the fact is that the weight of this machine is just four pounds. You can also use the Bissell 33A1 with the hard nozzle to clean the inside of your vehicle. To pick up dry mess and dirt easily, simply attach the hard nozzle and use it for vacuuming.
The flexible rubber contour nozzle is designed for pet hair removal. Its unique design is very effective at dislodging and capturing hair from upholstery and carpeted stairs. The vacuum comes with two specialized nozzles which can be interchanged via a nozzle release button.
- Extremely portable and lightweight
- The corded vacuum does not lose power
- Handles corners and edges well
- The contour nozzle helps to work the dog/cat hair out of the fabric or carpet
- Very powerful 500-watt motor
- Very affordable price for what you get in the box
- Rubber fingers on the nozzle remove the hair effectively
- Filters are not reusable
- Air vents blow away small particles
- This vacuum motor can be a little loud, but I think the noise comes with having such a powerful 500w sucking motor on a handheld vacuum.
- The exhaust does blow very close to the suction so when cleaning up a larger area it can sometimes interfere with the pick-up.
Best Vacuum for Pet Hair – Buying Guide
There are various things that you need to take into consideration when selecting the best vacuum cleaner for pet hair including the canister vacuum. However, before making any selection, you will need to decide what type of vacuum you require and some other important factors to consider.
9 Important Factors to Consider Before Buying
1. Type of Vacuum
This is very important as different types of vacuums will be required depending on the nature of the surface you will be using it on. Most vacuums may perform exceptionally well on furniture but then not deliver when it comes to carpet cleaning. Therefore ensure you know which type of vacuum is the best suit for you.
We found that the full-size canister and upright vacuums work better on many occasions for animal hair cleaning. However, other small vacuums are suitable for this purpose like robot vacuums, stick vacs as well as a handheld vacuums. See our top recommendations in the above section.
2. Price (Cost)
It is always a common thing to first look at the price. However, this may be quite misleading as the price difference between a cheap vacuum and a high-quality one is not that much. In making the best selection, a pet owner needs to go through the pet vacuum reviews. This will give an insight into what other people think about the available models, which is based upon their experience of use. Also, it would be quite an excellent idea to try and check out the latest models. This is due to the fact that newer versions are normally effective, compact, and efficient, compared to the older versions.
3. Power (Performance)
Suction power is another thing to keep in mind when selecting the best pet vacuum. You need to select one that packs enough power to suck the hair into the disposal unit effectively. Most cheap models would normally not offer the power you need in sucking the hair up. Therefore, you should always be cautious about what you pay for. A cleaner with a powerhead will be a good advantage.
The durability and strength of the vacuum should also be factored in. Obviously, some reliable vacuum cleaners are not that cheap. So you will need to ensure that you select an extremely durable one. The durability of the brush roll needs to be considered as it is the part around which all the pet hair wraps around. Therefore, make sure that the vacuum that you choose has a very stiff brush part for maximum strength.
5. Easy to handle
Ease of use is yet another factor to take into account. As a pet owner, you will need to determine whether or not it is easy to replace the attachments of the machine. In case you need to perform regular changes, then you may also want to find out how much money you will need to spend on the replacements.
Also, you need to go for the best pet vacuum that features a long vacuum tube/hose. This will not only guarantee to pick up of hair but also daily dust and dirt. This is particularly important in a canister vacuum.
In case you have a busy schedule that doesn’t offer you enough time or energy to perform manual cleaning, then a robotic vacuum, another good vacuum choice for dog hair, will suit you perfectly. With a robot vacuum, you simply have to place it on the floor and push the “go” button.
You can then sit back and relax as the vacuum robot does all the hard work for you. There are various robotic vacuum cleaners in the market from which you can choose. Therefore ensure that you have made a perfect selection and reviews before purchasing.
Versatility is a great feature to look for in any given vacuum cleaner. You will need to opt for a cleaner that performs the task of picking up both hair and dirt/dust. This will eliminate the need for purchasing two separate vacuums, which may prove uneconomical. Many models on the market can tackle any workload. You also can see our recommended models in the following section.
7. Noise Level
The noise generated by the machine also needs to be put into consideration. Certainly, no one likes the idea of operating or being exposed to a noisy vacuum. A noisy vacuum is a great distraction, not only to you but also to the people around you. So make a point of selecting one with low noise levels.
8. Ease of Cleaning and Maintenance
This is another factor to take into account while choosing the top pet hair vacuums. This is one thing that cannot be avoided even the best vacuum for animal hair as you will obviously need to clean it on a regular basis so as to prolong its useful life. You should choose the one that incorporates easy assembly and disassembly. This will allow you to clean it more effectively.
Finally, you will need to get the best vacuum for pet cleaner that features a more lightweight and compact design. A compact vacuum cleaner will allow for easy maneuvering besides allowing access to otherwise confined spaces. It also provides more convenience in terms of storage as it takes up minimum storage space. A light model will save you from the occasional fatigue resulting from pushing the vacuum cleaner around.
Well, there are many vacuums in the market that can be used to clean pet or cat hairs. However, some of the manufacturers specially design several models of vacuums that use to clean not only your house but also animal hair. The following sections are the reviews of the top canister and upright vacuums for pet hair removal.
Conclusion: We Pick the Best Machine For You!
The market comprises many choices of vacuum for cat or dog hair cleaners. However, there are various factors to consider in selecting the best pet vacuum as you already see in this article. Though there are many techniques that can be used in achieving this, it is always recommended that you go through the online user reviews before making any purchase.
Nevertheless, you should consider purchasing from a reputable manufacturer as this will ease up your anxiety regarding the purchase. So you can always go online to read the customer reviews, and you will certainly find the ultimate animal hair vacuum that you can afford.
We hope that this article can help you to choose the best vacuum for pet hair removals, and get the best deal on the intended vacuum model. If you are still unsure which one to choose, just pick one model recommended by us and you won’t be wrong.
However, if you want our editor to pick the most reliable pet vacuum, the winner goes to Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet Upright Vacuum, NV752. As we have done the research for you, this is the most reliable Shark pet vacuum that you can trust, and on average you will find 3 out of 4 customers are given a 5-star best rating on major online stores.