If you are looking for a portable spot cleaner, the Rug Doctor Portable Spot Cleaner and the Bissell 3624 SpotClean portable carpet cleaner are the foremost products that you should never skip.
What makes them more respectable is the fact that both of them are from renowned and reliable manufacturers, so you can be sure that when you use their cleaning products, you have nothing to worry about.
For some people who could encounter confusion when faced with the two, you could go ahead to either buy the two, or make inquiries from those who have put them to use, and then compare both model features.
They are equally good cleaners for your cleaning needs? Let’s read on as we do an unbias review on both of the models to help you make the best decision if you want to get either one of the models.
What Does the Bissell SpotClean Pro 3624 Portable Carpet Cleaner Offer?
It gives professional cleaning results, as it integrates its powerful suction alongside the additional tools, to give an overall excellent cleaning performance. It has the capacity to take a wide range of stains such as mud, blood, urine, tea, and coffee.
The Bissell 3624 is a little big in size, and it makes it look as if it is a large piece of equipment which has no functional units. However, this is not the case, as the great features of the Bissell SpotClean Pro 3624 are highly functional. The weight of 13 lbs is far less weight than an upright carpet cleaner.
The power cord of the Bissell SpotClean Pro 3624 is 22 ft which is very long, and this allows you to cover more distance than conventional cleaners.
For Bissell’s brush, it is manually driven, and the lack of a particular brush head makes the Bissell stain eliminator more organizable. This ability is only useful for specific cleaning jobs.
There is a large capacity tank that can contain around 3⁄4 gallons (96 oz.), this would enable you to work for a longer period of time before emptying the tank.
This Bissell cleaner has 2 accessories; a stair tool of 6 inches in length and a tough stain tool of 3 inches, alongside with filters and cleaning results which make it available for procurement.
These tools enable the Bissell cleaner to give a high–level of versatility when it comes to cleaning different surfaces and even removing very stubborn stains that could be located in the most remote location.
Check out the video review below:
The Bissell SpotClean Professional 3624 offers convenience due to its cleaning function. This vacuum cleaner enables you to reach spots which are hard to contact, so you do not have to remove the entire carpet every time you want to clean.
They are excellent for areas such as car interiors, area rugs, stairways, upholstery, and the likes. The unit has a 2-year warranty.
The following are some of the advantages of this cleaner:
- One of the affordable yet powerful suction cleaners.
- A compact portable cleaner makes it easy to hold and transport.
- Able to effectively remove most pet hairs, stains, and liquids on floors.
- A two-tank system with a large capacity, the emptying tank is easy with the push of a button.
To use this Bissell cleaner:
- Fill the small tank with water. If you want, can add some cleaning detergent to it.
- Then, turn it on and use the 5-foot hose to start working on it.
- You also can use the other two tools to help you in cleaning.
What Does the Rug Doctor Portable Spot Cleaner Offer?
This Rug Doctor portable cleaner is equally high performing unit and thus, it stands out among other vacuum cleaners especially for carpet. This cleaner provides convenience and ease during use.
Most homeowners are of the opinion that vacuum cleaners should come in the most fitting manner, and should not stress them just as the debris, dust, and other substances for which these cleaners were purchased for, should.
So, most homeowners would rather opt for something which presents convenience in the aspect of navigation, this is one of the important aspects of any cleaners so you can easily move around when perform the cleaning duty, and when it comes to smooth navigation, the Rug Doctor scores high.
This vacuum cleaner has a bigger size which is about 19.8 pounds in weight. Luckily, it has wheels to make it more maneuverability. The removable water tanks of 64 ounces are also very easy to fill and empty, so it buys you more time when cleaning.
For houses that have stairs, and have encountered problems when it comes to cleaning the stairway, the Rig Doctor has the capacity to ensure that it carries out this function. Since they can be easily moved around the house, your stairs would certainly be beneficiaries of the Rug Doctor’s cleaning capacity.
Let’s check out the following unboxing and review video on Rug Doctor:
For more information on this spot cleaner, click here.
When comparing the suction power of other portable vacuum to the Rug Doctor Portable Spot Cleaner, you can see clearly that the Rug Doctor has powerful suction.
For cleaning all sorts of stains and scrubbing deep in the carpet, the Rug Doctor Portable Spot Cleaner has a powerful motorized brush. Currently, there are only a few vacuum cleaners which have a scrub brush that has the same power capacity as the Rug Doctor has. Of course, there are some advantages such as:
- It avails you the opportunity of not having to carry out this cleaning function yourself, as it handles it and delivers an excellent job, saving you of time and energy.
- The number of times which the Rug Doctor moves is about 1200 times per minute. This outstanding ability makes it able to eliminate stains which might prove to be very difficult.
However, one of the shortcomings which the Rug Doctor has is, it operates with a one-size operation basis. This implies that on some type of stains, the cleaning ability works really well. However, if the additional accessories which the Rug Doctor Spot Cleaner comes with are absent, it would not be really effective on some surfaces.
The Rug Doctor Portable Spot Cleaner has a handle that is retractable, and this happens to be the sole customization which it has.
Some of the advantages you can enjoy:
- It is a powerful cleaner, as it eliminates most stains and dirt.
- It has a dual cross action (motorized) brush which scrubs with a high level of proficiency enabling the bristles to penetrate surfaces and ensure a better cleanup.
- It has a 15-feet power cord and a hose length of 5 feet.
- The removable tank capacity is 64 oz.
- Retractable handle and wheels help you glide the surface with ease.
Bissell 3624 SpotClean Pro Vs. Rug Doctor Portable Spot Cleaner
We have gone through the features, advantages, and cleaning capabilities of both portable spot cleaners, which model presence a more powerful cleaner that can removes spots and stains effectively?
It would be interesting to let you note that both machines are very good, and either of them can be opted for, with an excellent result still being delivered. They are both courtesy of well-known brands which are known for the manufacture of long-lasting and quality products in the market.
Here are the little differences…
- The real truth is that the Bissell SpotClean Professional is a more substantial machine compare to other units. It’s bigger and more powerful than Rug Doctor but the Rug Doctor is easier to carry and move around.
- The Bissell 3624 has no wheels to help you move the cleaner so you have to pick it up and carry it from one place to another. Luckily, the long power cord of 22-ft can reduce the need for movement.
- Rug Doctor’s comes with wheels to help you move the cleaning machine while doing the cleaning tasks. But the power cord of 15-feet is shorter than Bissell SpotClean.
- Depending on the specific cleaning need, the Bissell’s brush is manually operated while Rug Doctor’s is having motorized brush that can do scrubbing work for you.
Conclusion: Bissell 3624 or Rug Doctor?
So, which model should you pick?
Now, one of the bases for the selection of either of the two is the nature of stains that you would like to eliminate. For household stains which can be encountered randomly, the Rug Doctor Spot Cleaner should be the best fit for you, as the portability and ease enable it to reach anywhere. The motorized brush which it has also served this purpose alongside with the accompanying accessories.
However, for cleaning needs which are more specific, the Bissell SpotClean Professional 3624 Carpet Cleaner works well in this aspect like for cleaning up upholstery and a car’s interior. One of the downsides which could be faced is the fact that it might be a little cumbersome to carry around. So, here you go, feel free to opt for the one which best serves your cleaning needs.