Vacuum cleaner market has a variety of bagged and bagless vacuum cleaners. Both have different advantages and disadvantages. The type of vacuum cleaner that is ideal for you is based upon many considerations like cost, individual preferences; floor types, needs and cleaning efficiency, etc.
A bagless vacuum cleaner must be emptied when dirt container gives the signal of fully filled and then it can be utilized again. Bagless vacs are good for those who are allergic to dust, debris etc. They are better on rough floors and work well on upholstery and stairs. (See the recommended bagless models)
Bags are the technology of the past, while bagless is the technology of the future. There are many reasons as to why people choose a bagless cleaner. But basically if you don’t like to guess when it’s time to change the bag, or pay for replacements bag, go for bagless model.
Now a days cleaning out the dirt and grime from your vacuum is as simple as unlocking the canister and disposing of the content. Put the canister back in, lock it and you off continuing with your work.
This article will give you ideas on the factors that you need to consider when getting a bagless canister vacuum. Also, the top models of bagless vacs are recommended below.
Why Bagless Canister Vacuum Cleaners?
The analysis of factors needs to be considered while deciding the cleaner you want to purchase of bagless canister vac has been given below.
• Basics: The task of canister vacuums is elimination of dust particles, debris, rugs, fabrics etc all through the home. These bagless vacuums used to collect all dirt in to detachable canisters.
• Cost: Bagless canister models are less costly as there is no frequent expenditure on bags. You do not need the substitutes like bags but filters are used in bagless cleaners.
• Thoroughness: Emptying the container of bagless vacuum cleaner is a messy thing and it should not be done inside house as dirt and dust ruin the environment of house.
• Maintenance: The maintenance of bagless container need regular repair, replenishment of beater bars, replacement of canister seals etc. The maintenance in case of bagless container is costlier than other cleaners.
• Use: The usage of vacuum cleaner is another consideration before deciding which vacuum cleaner to choose. How frequently cleaner will be used, where it has to be used etc are important things to be considered before going for the choice of vacuum cleaners.
• Convenience: The important feature for which bagless vacuums are favored is convenience. After emptying the canister, the bagless cleaners can be easily dump and kept anywhere. There are no messy bags and no need to hook up bag again into cleaner.
The following picture show simple comparisons between the two, do you agreed?
The bagless canister cleaners have its advantages and disadvantages in usage. Depending upon the user and the need, the type of vacuum cleaner can be selected. Bagless canister vacuum guarantees cleaning with no danger or risk to health of an individual. Even when children are around, there is no need to worry as it is easy and safe to use. Even if price is an important consideration, bagless vacuum cleaner is a good option. Alternatively, you can choose the bagged canisters.
Have a look at those vacuum cleaner by budget:-
Top 5 Best Bagless Canister Vacuum Reviews
From the comparison chart available on our site homepage, we noticed that the top rated models are more bagged canister vacs. Anyway, this article already let you know the pros and cons on both bagged and bagless vacuum. Here are our top recommendation on the bagless cylinder models.
- Dyson Big Ball Multifloor Canister Vacuum
This Dyson bagless cleaner is suitable for cleaning all types of surfaces from hard floors to carpets including the pet hairs because it’s equipped with Carbon fiber turbine floor head. The 2 Tier Radial Cyclones can effectively remove the dirt and allergens while the larger duct bin can collect more dirt before emptying. The simple bottom emptying process is hygienic.
This powerful canister vac is powered with the ball technology that all the major components are house in the ball and this allows you to move and steels smoothly and turns on a dime. Also, it’s a certified asthma and allergy friendly vacuum since it use the HEPA filter.
The self-standings when toppled is another nice add-on convenient features. Lastly, although it cost more than other models but long warranty of 5-year make this cleaner unbeatable and worth to buy. Buy now at Amazon.com.
- Lightweight with great suction power.
- A quite vacuum let you do the cleaning even at night.
- Suitable for cleaning various types of floors.
- 5-year long warranty
- The price is slightly higher than most of the normal cleaners.
- Assembling instructions just picture (no text) but most people still can assemble it.
- Bissell Hard Floor Expert Bagless Vacuum, 1547
Click here for more info. The compact and lightweight, specially designed for homes with hard floors is the selling point for this vacuum but it’s not using the HEPA filter. So if any of your family members is suffering allergies or asthma, it’s not the best choice.
With the power rating of 9.2 amps, this cleaner is using the Multi-Cyclonic Technology to ensure the suction is great and last longer. It also has several tools to help you in cleaning different surfaces. Even the dirt cup is not very big, but you can easily empty it.
Compare to the above Dyson model above, this is cheaper in price and hence it’s more affordable to many people. It also comes with 2-year limited warranty. This vacuum was chosen by our editor as one of the best canister vacuum for hardwood floors.
- A lightweight and quiet cleaner with multiple accessories.
- Effective on hard floor especially picking up the small particles and dusts.
- 18-feet power cord not very long but with cord retract feature.
- Affordable price.
- Less overall suction power
- Not effective on vacuuming carpets and stairs
- Not very compact in storage
Note: The older model of Bissell 1611 Hard Floor Expert Canister Vac also has similar features to this model and the price is cheaper too.
- Ovente Bagless Cyclonic Canister, ST2620
This is one of the cheaper bagless models available in the market with good ratings. Let’s check the latest price at Amazon now. With 1400 watts suction power, you can rely on this cleaner to deep clean all types of surfaces. Plus, this model is using HEPA filtration system to batter captures small particles.
Several useful attachments are included like floor brush, crevice nozzle, bristle brush, pet/sofa brush, and a bendable multi-angle brush. Those tools can help you to clean literally any places and corners at home. This model comes with several colors for you to choose from.
Compare to other bagless vacuums, this unit is an affordable cleaner and it comes with one year limited warranty. It scores high rating as you can see from the major online stores because of the overall performance of this cleaner.
- Very powerful and efficient (with multi-level filtration) device.
- A cheap canister vacuum that cost less than $100 (unbeatable value).
- Various attachments and the retractable cord is nice.
- Pretty efficient for other floors except on carpets but an upright is more suitable for carpet cleaning.
- Some users complain the handle has a suction adjuster on it that leaks.
Also, there is an older bagless model – Ovente ST2010 Cyclonic Vacuum for you to choose.
- Bissell Zing Bagless Canister Vacuum, 2156A
The cheaper cost vacuums always get attentions from the buyers especially if the vacuum also comes with handy features. This is what exactly the Bissell Zing canister 2156A can fulfills it. In fact, this is one of the hot seller items at Amazon.com in canister/cylinder vacuum category.
Beside lightweight, the Cyclonic technology can provides continuous and good suction power for bare floors and carpets to make your cleaning process faster. The multi-surface floor tool let you easily switch between cleaning the carpets and hard floors.
It uses multi-level filtration to captures dusts and particles. The filters are washable and the removable dirt cup can be empty pretty easy. Also, a 15 feet power cord is enough for you to clean an average room and you can extract it with just push of a button for easy storage.
- Very lightweight and cheap (can get it for just about $50)
- Multi-Surface cleaning machine with retractable cord
- Cyclonic technology with multi-level filtration
- Suction power is average and the 15ft power cord is not very long
- No locking handle to the pole cause the pole does pull apart when vacuuming
5. Kenmore 10701 Bagless Compact Canister Vac
This is an 11 amps power cleaner that uses Cyclonic technology for deep cleaning. The lightweight, compact and versatile machine make it easy to move around and suitable for cleaning various types of floors. It uses industry standard HEPA filter to better captures all the particles in the vacuum itself.
You also can use the machine for above floor cleaning with the extended reach telescoping wand. Plus the 360 degree swivel hose will make your cleaning even easier. This vacuum has 16 feet power cord that comes with auto rewind feature.
The accompany tools like swivel & bare floor brush, dusting brush and crevice tool can really help you during the cleaning process at least it can save your precious time. Visit Kenmore.com or Amazon.com for more information.
- A great design, powerful and durable vacuum at affordable price
- Using HEPA filter, cyclonic technology and 360 degree swivel hose for your cleaning needs
- Various attachments can help you clean faster
- The two wheels are a bit of flimsy
- The dirt container is a bit small
Conclusion and Our Pick
A bagless vacuum is typically easier to manage, as you just have to dump out the dirt compartment and give it a wash every once in a while. But with a bag cleaner, you can be sure that everything will be collected in a bag for you, so that you don’t have to deal with any dirt hands on, at any time.
If you still undecided which unit to choose, you can get any one model listed above since it comes with different pricing (from cheap to more expensive). All the models also have good ratings and customer reviews that you can read at online stores like Amazon, ebay or Wal-mart.
Of course if you want us to pick a best bagless canister model, we will pick Ovente Bagless Cyclonic Canister Vacuum ST2620 since many users will look at the price as a deciding factor. This vacuum is very affordable and it comes with many great features for your cleaning needs.
All the best in your bagless canister vacuum hunting!
Not what you were looking for?
Search again here: