Best Cheap Canister Vacuum Cleaners For Under $100
Need a new canister vacuum, but only have a $100 budget, no problem! Here you go…
For people who are looking for canister vacuum cleaner that can clean they home and increase the air freshness but is just not able to find cheap but good vacuums, then the cheap canister vacuum cleaners recommended here are what you must be looking for now.
If you are in budget, there is no need to buy vacuum cleaners that are expensive all the time since there are also cheaper cleaners that can do the cleaning jobs pretty well. But just to be honest, those cheaper canisters tend to be fewer features and on-board accessories compare to the more expensive canister models.
Canister vacuums that are cheap are suitable for those people who just need to do the light cleaning or smaller house with budgeted cash to spend. The main advantages of low cost cleaners are that it’s several times far cheaper than other affordable cleaners and the accessories or replacement parts are very cheap too.
- Best Vacuum Under $100 – Buying Guide
- Top 5 Cheap Canister Vacuum Reviews (Prices Under $100)
- Cheap Canister Vacuum #1: Eureka Mighty Mite Canister Vacuum, 3670G
- Low Cost Canister Vacuum #2: Bissell Zing Bagged Canister Vacuum, 4122
- Cheap Bagless Canister Vacuum #3: Bissell Zing Bagless Canister Vacuum, 2156A
- Budget Canister Vac #4: Ovente Bagless Canister Cyclonic Vacuum (ST2010)
- Affordable Canister Machine #5: Bissell Zing Rewind Bagless Canister Vacuum, 6489
- Conclusion: Cheap Canister Vacuum Can Do The Cleaning Jobs Too!
Best Vacuum Under $100 – Buying Guide
There are some things you should look out for when researching the best vacuum under 100 dollars, so that you don’t end up wasting your money. You may also like: Top 5 Canister Vacuum Cleaners For Under $300.
Take a look at the following list of features to see which ones you are looking for in a new vacuum – make your own list of essential features to help you determine whether a particular model is for you. Put a star next to the features you will not compromise on; for example, if you have allergies in the home, you absolutely must get a vacuum with a HEPA filter.
With this list of must-have features you can begin to sort through all the available models and narrow down your wish list to those within your budget that will meet your needs.
Bagged or Bagless
Bagless vacuums do not require replacement disposable bags so there are no ongoing costs once the vacuum has been purchased. A problem could arise if the company discontinues the bagged model you purchased and the bags become harder to find. Eventually, you will end up having to buy a new vacuum or stockpile bags.
Some vacuums actually have a bag that is washable but may need replacement eventually. Either way make sure the vacuum is easy to empty – usually canister vacuums have a button or lever to press to open from the base. You don’t want to have to take the vacuum to pieces just to empty the dust into the trash. See our picks on the best bagless canister vacuum.
Cyclonic technology is widely used in many vacuum cleaners now as new patents are released with slightly different designs. All have the same feature though to provide the most powerful, continuous suction possible. There are different types of vacuums on the market and the most powerful doesn’t have to mean the most expensive.
Cord or Cordless
Generally, vacuums with cords are cheaper than cordless models. The technology to make a battery powered vacuum as powerful as a corded one is more expensive. Models with longer cords are also more expensive so as long as you have multiple sockets in your home you will likely be able to buy a more powerful machine if you choose a 20 foot cord over a 30 foot cord. Currently, all the canister vacuums are corded.
If allergies to pollen, pet dander or dustmites are an issue then do not compromise on a HEPA filter. Yes, you can find vacuums under $100 with HEPA filters. You may like to see the best canister vacuum for allergies & asthma sufferers.
Cheaper vacuums do tend to have standard filters though so check the manufacturer’s description carefully. All filters require maintenance; usually regular washing is enough, whilst others may need complete replacement. Check reviews and owner manuals for schedules of maintenance.
Do you really need 3 crevice tools of different lengths and widths, a dusting brush, a flexible hose, an extendable wand, a keyboard brush, a blind cleaning brush, an upholstery brush, a small head, a large head and a fancy turbo-powered pet hair brush? Is it absolutely necessary to have a vacuum cleaner that has an adjustable head for 5 different carpet depths and transfers effortlessly to hard floors?
For most household jobs all you need is a standard head and a basic crevice tool. All the other attachments would be nice to have but will add dollars to the price of the vacuum. So if you are determined to find the best vacuum under 100 dollars you may have to give the soft dusting brush attachment a miss.
The weight of a vacuum seems to bear no relationship to its cost. If you choose handheld go for lightweight as it is easier to carry around. Heavier vacuums may not be as easy to move around furniture. Lighter materials may not be as durable. For a material to be lightweight and strong would probably increase the cost.
Many vacuums are marketed as the best for pet hair. As long as you choose a vacuum with great suction you should have no problem dealing with pet hair with a standard head. You can pay a lot more for specialized heads with rubber attachments for scraping pet hair off furniture or stiff nylon bristles on motorized rollers.
The latest edition or newest model will always be the most expensive. To get a bargain buy an older model just as a new one is released as sellers will need to clear stock to make way for the new vacuums! New models aren’t always that much different to the previous one – maybe just a few tweaks to the design or a slightly different shaped filter. Buying a high quality vacuum on clearance can be a good way to save $100’s and get the best vacuum under 100 dollars.
Check availability of colours in models as for some reason the least popular colour may actually be cheaper. A seller will have more stock of that colour and need to clear it. So if you don’t have a preference for yellow over red you may be able to pick up a $150 vacuum for under $100 if you choose blue for example.
A model that has a removable hand-held attachment can be useful to have around the home you can only afford one vacuum. A multi-function upright vacuum will allow you to clean large floor areas. Use the handheld attachment for stairs, furniture or quick clean up jobs. An upright with a flexible and extendable hose that you can fit attachments too could be as useful as a 2 in 1 vacuum and cheaper. Also, no canister is available in 2-in-1 type.
The best way to find the best vacuum under 100 dollars is to read ‘real’ customer reviews. Actually check out the Amazon reviews for verified purchases. The most popular vacuums can have 1000’s of reviews to read through. Sort them by most recent as old reviews may refer to issues with the vacuum when it was new that have since been rectified by the manufacturer. Don’t just read the 4 and 5 star reviews. See what issues the customers had who gave the lower ratings. It may be something that doesn’t bother you.
Top 5 Cheap Canister Vacuum Reviews (Prices Under $100)
Bissell, Eureka, Black and Decker, Dirt Devil, and Hoover all manufacture entry level canister vacuums that cost less than $100. They also make vacuums that cost more than $100. To give you some idea about those low-cost canister vacuums, here are our top recommendations with genuine reviews:
Cheap Canister Vacuum #1: Eureka Mighty Mite Canister Vacuum, 3670G
This is one of the reliable yet cheap canister vacuums that you can find in the market. This part of the Eureka canister vacuum reviews will be discussing the features that made the vacuum cleaner a great one together with the disadvantages it has in comparison with those top canister vacuums.
The top features of Eureka 3670G Mighty Mite canister vacuum cleaner:
- It’s lightweight with powerful 12-amp motor.
- 2-settings height adjustment for bare floor and area rug cleaning.
- This bagged canister vacuum includes a triple filtration bag system.
- It has 6-piece attachment set with onboard tool storage; 7-foot crush-proof hose and 2 extension wands help the cleaning process easier and faster.
- It also includes the crevice tool, upholstery nozzle/dusting brush and carpet/bare floor nozzle provide easier access to even the hard to reach areas.
- The 20-foot power cord allows you to take it with you wherever you go.
- The blower port blows debris from garage or workshop for maximum convenience.
- It has 1 year warranty.
- Get this Eureka vacuum cleaner at Amazon.com.
Read our full review or here are the disadvantages of this canister model:
This inexpensive canister vacuum, like other equipments also has its own disadvantages. One of its drawbacks is that, it’s not using the industry standard HEPA filter and the vacuum bags is not easy to find in local stores and had to order them from on-line stores.
Also, the canister doesn’t have an automatic cord rewind feature. Hence, you may need to take some time to wrap it after using the cleaner. Overall this cleaner is reliable and one of the best seller canister vacuum at Amazon.com. This cleaner was picked by our editor as one of the best canister vacuum for hardwood floors.
Low Cost Canister Vacuum #2: Bissell Zing Bagged Canister Vacuum, 4122
This is one of the cheapest canister vacuums in the market today with good value for money. It’s also one of the best seller products in the canister vacuum category in major popular online stores.
Following are the top features of this vacuum cleaner:
- This lightweight canister vacuum has a powerful suction power that is intended for getting dirt and dusts from different type of surfaces.
- You can adjust and controls the power you want when cleaning different surfaces with the Variable Suction Control.
- A multi-surface cleaning technology let you easily turn from cleaning carpets and rugs to ceramic tiles and hard floors with just flip of a switch.
- It has a full bag indicator will alert you when to empty the bag to maintain its high and consistent suction power.
- The cleaner has a telescoping wand for extra reach and comfortable cleaning in the height you want.
- The vacuum has swivel head that can let you clean some of the places that are difficult to reach.
- The 17 ft power cord is not very long and hence may require you to plug and re-plug while cleaning a big room. Automatic cord rewind that makes it easy for you to retract the cord.
- It also has wheels that would keep it rolling easily wherever you may go as you clean.
- 1-year limited warranty.
- Check the latest price at Amazon.com.
However, we do found several drawbacks of this cleaner while doing the review:
- It uses pre-motor foam filter (Not the HEPA filter which is better).
- The 17 feet cord may be a bit shorter than what you are expecting.
- No headlight and soft bumper to prevent furniture scratches but NOT many canister vacuums has this feature.
Cheap Bagless Canister Vacuum #3: Bissell Zing Bagless Canister Vacuum, 2156A
For those who are looking for a best cheap bagless canister vacuum, then this is another cleaner must be on your top choice. It is suitable for people who give importance on easy moving; no extra money is needed to buy or change the bag and still can maintain the tidiness & freshness of their home. Following are the detail features of this Bissell Zing lightweight canister vac, 2156A.
Highlight the features of Bissell Zing 2156A:
- This is an 9 amps power rating vacuum.
- It’s an 10 lbs lightweight cleaner.
- It offers the bagless convenient and cost saving.
- The 3-stage filtration to capture more particles (Dirt cup filters and a post-motor filter).
- Multi-surface cleaning capabilities (i.e. hard floor and carpet) with just flip of a switch.
- It use removable dirt cup (2L capacity) with Easy Empty, hassle-free dirt cup emptying.
- 16” power cord with auto rewind feature for your convenient when wrapping the cable.
- On board tools like crevice tool, dusting brush and the extension wand can let you reach more spaces including above floor cleaning.
- 1-year limited warranty.
- Check the Bissell Zing vacuum, 2156A at Amazon.com.
For a canister that is so cheap, you really cannot expect too much from it.
- Using post motor filter and not using the HEPA filter.
- No full bag indicator so you may need to check it manually.
Budget Canister Vac #4: Ovente Bagless Canister Cyclonic Vacuum (ST2010)
Compare to others, Ovente is considered less-known brand for many people. However, the Ovente ST2010 can be a great little add-on to your home cleaning appliances. It’s efficient in cleaning hard floors as well as low-pile carpets. You can always encourage to read the online reviews before making a decision.
Here are the lists of it features:
- Compact design with powerful 1200-watts motor for reliable suction.
- It uses multi-level filtration HEPA filter system that can capture almost all the particles.
- Bagless convenient with light weight of 12 lbs.
- The adjustable telescopic wand and 360° swivel hose can help you reach hard to reach places as well as above floor cleaning.
- The transparent dirt bin that can be empty it easily.
- About 16 feet power cord with auto rewind capability.
- Many on-board tools are included: sofa/pet brush, crevice nozzle/bristle brush, and floor brush.
- 1-year limited warranty.
- Click here for more info at Amazon.com.
Well, this vacuum seems to be perfect for your needs, however we also found little drawbacks for this cleaner like the materials use to made this cleaner is from cheap plastics and the power cord is little short that may not very convenient if you have bigger room/space to clean but you can use an extension if needed.
Affordable Canister Machine #5: Bissell Zing Rewind Bagless Canister Vacuum, 6489
This is one of the cheapest vacuum models that cost well under $100. It’s easy to maneuver so you can use it to clean bare floors as well as above floors cleaning including stairs, upholstery, car interiors, etc. You can easily switch between carpets and hard floors cleaning with a flip of a switch. Click here for the unbias review.
The great features that you can expect from this corded cleaner:
- It’s an 9 amps power rating lightweight vacuum (10 lbs).
- Bagless advantage so you no need to buy or change any bags.
- 3-stage filtration including post-motor filter plus dirt cup filters to capture all the dusts.
- 2 L dirt cup capacity with Easy Empty dirt cup feature.
- 15 feet power cord length with automatic cord rewind
- Accessories like combination crevice tool/dusting brush are included.
- 1-year limited warranty.
- Buy Bissell Zing Bagless Canister Vac, 6489 Now!
Since this is also similar to the Bissell Zing, 2156A model and this unit also not using the HEPA filter since the machine is so cheap. It’s not in the more powerful category of vacuum but definitely can clean most of your house spaces.
Conclusion: Cheap Canister Vacuum Can Do The Cleaning Jobs Too!
With the information provided above about five of the leading budget canister vacuums, it can be concluded that even with its disadvantages, they are still worth to take a look if you are looking for cheap yet quality cleaners.
Of course you cannot compare the units recommended here with the high-end models that cost far more expensive. With the price of under $100, you should give those machines a try especially if you are looking for budget vacuum.
While we do the reviews, we also found that Amazon.com is offering very competitive price among the major online stores. Certain unit like Bissell Zing Bagless Canister Vacuum, 2156A you can get it for about $50 which is no brainer, just get it now. Test it for yourself and you will know why it’s the best seller unit!
So you decided the exact inexpensive canister vacuum that you prefer, go directly to the Amazon site and make your order. Amazon.com is a reliable online store that offers very competitive price and great customer services.
More from my site
Categorised in: Articles & Tips