Top Canister Vacuum and Portable Spot Cleaners for Carpet
Choosing a right canister vacuum cleaner for yourself is not an easy task especially if your house has different floor types and animals.
However, through our experience reviewing so many popular vacuum cleaners in the market today we will be able to tell you the most reliable canisters if your house has many carpet rather than hard floors.
Of course every vacuum are designed to clean your house no matter it contains hard floors, carpets, tile but some models are specially designed for carpet, pet hair, etc.
In this article, we are going to reveal the most reliable canister vacuums and spot cleaners for cleaning the carpet with different price ranges. For quick comparison, I suggest you see the top canister vacuums comparison chart here.
Best Canister Vacuum For Carpet Recommendations
1. Miele S6270 (Compact C2) Onyx Canister Vacuum
All the cleaners in the Miele S6 series are belongs to middle to expensive vacuums with excellent performance. The S6270 Onyx model is good for smooth surfaces and low pile carpet. The powerful cleaning ability of this vacuum make it score very high rating from real customers that used the cleaner as you can see in the online stores like Amazon and Walmart.
Here are some of the great features of the vacuum:
- It’s lightweight with powerful 1,200-watt Miele-made vortex motor.
- AirClean Sealed System effectively captures 99.9% of dust and allergens.
- It uses AirClean FilterBag, Type G/N with FilterBag change indicator. The Air Clean dust bag also come with dust bag change indicator.
- Six power settings with the adjustable controls via rotary dial ensure the correct level of power for different surfaces.
- Silence motor with motor protection function let you use the vacuum even at night.
- It has standard ergonomic handle with durable non-electric hose.
- The telescopic stainless steel wand deliver superior cleaning radius of 33 ft.
- Long power cord with one touch cord rewind feature.
- Standard floor tools included Turbo Brush (STB 205-3) and Parquet Twister (SBB 300-3).
- On-board accessories: Dusting brush, upholstery tool and crevice nozzle.
- It has 1-year parts and labor warranty; 7-year motor and casing warranty.
- For more info, read the customer reviews and get the canister vac now, click here.
2. Eureka 3670G Mighty Mite Canister Vacuum
This is the best seller canister vacuum at Amazon.com (Canister vacuum cleaner category). It’s cheap and very affordable and suitable for all types of floor including carpet. This canister vacuum can pick up dust and pet hair easily. A simple bagged canister that do not use the filter and hence not very good for those that suffered allergies and asthma.
Following are some of the features of this canister vac:
- It’s a lightweight, powerful 12 amps motor canister vacuum. It works great on carpets and low pile area rugs.
- It has 2-setting height adjustments for bare floor and area rug cleaning.
- The 20 ft cord is just average in length but it eliminates the needs of keep re-plugging while cleaning small rooms. However, cord rewind is not available.
- Easy empty dust bag comes out easily for a non-mess clean.
- Use attached blower port to blow debris from the workshop or garage.
- Accessories included are extension wands, bare floor brush, crevice tool, and dusting brush.
- 1-year limited warranty.
- Visit here for full review of Eureka 3670G Mighty Mite and to check out the latest price of the vacuum, click here.
Best Portable Spot Cleaner Recommendations
When dealing with carpet, I believe some housewives prefer spot cleaners than canister vacuum because most of the spot cleaners are specially designed for cleaning the carpet. Please note that the spot cleaner is different from steam cleaner/mop. The following two models are very effective in cleaning the carpets.
1. Bissell SpotClean Professional Portable Carpet Cleaner, 3624
The notable features of this cleaner:
- Compact design with carry handle let you easily carry from one place to another and for easy storage.
- No assemble needed, just add hot water and 2-ounces of the included cleaner and you are ready to go.
- Superior suction that able to remove the dirt and stains on the carpet rugs, upholstery and auto.
- Larger storage and recovery tanks capacity and the tanks are removable to fill and empty it easily.
- The ability to thoroughly clean the recovery tank is another great feature.
- It has 5-feet flex hose helps reach more areas and long 22-feet power cord but cannot rewind itself.
- Two attachments included: 3″ tough stain tool, 6″ stair tool and 8oz Professional Deep Cleaning formula.
- It has 2-year limited warranty.
Watch the following video to see how you can benefits from this cleaner easily.
2. Rug Doctor Portable Spot Cleaner
This spot cleaner can be use to clean carpets, or area rugs. Here are some of the great features of this cleaner:
- Quick start cleaning by just filling the water on the water tank and you’re ready to go.
- This portable spot cleaner has magnificent 10 amps motor power in suction.
- Powerful handheld oscillating motorized brush for effective stain removal.
- It has 15′ power cord but it cannot auto rewind so have to wrap it under the cleaner.
- Easy to use and carry with the retractable handle.
- Easy removable tanks for quick filling and emptying.
- It has 5.5-feet flex hose and 15 ft power cord and the cord is not retractable.
- It also has two carpet-friendly wheels for superior maneuverability.
- 2-year labor and parts warranty.
Watch the video here to see the spot cleaner in actions:
Categorised in: Articles & Tips