Last updated on August 29th, 2022
Consumers have lots of flooring options, each of them with their own set of pros and cons. For instance, a ceramic floor may be easy to clean without any worry of any spills.
Carpeting on the other hand is beautiful and soft underfoot, providing a cozy and warm feeling to any room. Of course, it is more delicate in that it can get soiled. With some care and proper maintenance, it can last for years.
The removal of stains can be long and painful without the right equipment. A reliable canister vacuum or suitable cleaner can takes away all the hard work and helps you to remove stains quickly and easily.
There are some necessary steps that should be taken to prepare your carpet so that the vacuum can do its job efficiently. Then your floor will look much better, and you will be able to remove the stain very easily and quickly.
There are many varieties of stain that come into the household that needs to be attended to and removed in order to keep the carpet clean and smelling fresh. The following stains can easily be removed with the proper preparation and a reliable vacuum.
- Pet Stains includes urine and feces
- Blood and coffee stains
- Dirt and or soil
- Red clay soil
- Pet body oil
Getting to Know Your Carpet
The important thing is to understand carpeting before trying to attempt any stain removal. It is always best to know this information before any accidents or spillages occur, which will allow you to treat the stain immediately, properly and without worry.
Coffee can definitely stain carpets, and the longer it stays on the fibers, the more difficult it can be to remove. Look at the pile, before you proceed. The pile is the upper layer of fibers, either natural or man-made, and is usually twisted tufts, either cut or looped.
The Proper Procedures to Remove Stains from Carpet
The process of removing stains can be done in some very easy steps that will help you so that no residue will be left behind.
The best thing anyone can do to treat a stain of any kind on carpeting and especially a coffee stain, is to tend to it as soon as possible, while it is still fresh. This will avoid the stain from settling into the fibers.
The following is a step-by-step procedure to help you with the removal of your stain problems.
- Use cold water to blot the area several times with your paper towel. You are seeking to blot out all or most all of the moisture from the stain to enable you to more efficiently clean the carpet.
Do this from the outer most point of the stain, moving inward, as this will avoid any bleeding or spreading.
- Next, you will need to use a spray bottle with a mixture of 1 cup of lukewarm water and about half teaspoon of liquid dishwashing detergent. Use this mixture to spray the area that is stained. Make sure that the area is saturated with the mixture.
At that point use a cloth to pat the stain from the center while gently pulling upwards as though you are pinching the stain away.
- Pour out the mixture into your spray bottle making sure that no solution is left inside. Then you will once again fill the bottle with lukewarm water only. At this point, you will want to spray the carpet again blotting the carpet removing as much of the stain as possible.
Be careful to use circular motions when cleaning gently, alternating in a clockwise and counter-clockwise direction. Spray water on the spot and continue to clean and rinse. This will avoid damaging the fibers.
- At this point, you will want the carpet to dry as much as possible. Follow this step with a clean dry cloth, again alternating in gentle clockwise and counter-clockwise directions.
Do not use a coloured cloth as the colours of the cloth could bleed onto your carpet, creating a whole new problem. White cloth is always best.
- On the other hand, you could also make a paste with baking soda and warm water, but this should be tested in an inconspicuous area, like a closet, just in case it fades the pigment. Allow the paste solution to dry, then vacuum.
If the stain is still intact, then repeat the steps with the solution of detergent and warm water. Once it is thoroughly cleaned, allow it to dry completely and follow up with a vacuum. Be careful not to step on the area until it is completely dry, to avoid further soiling. Simply cover the area with a dry towel until it dries.
Dealing with Stubborn Stain
Pet stain is one of the harder and most common stains that need to be removed in the household. The vacuum or carpet cleaner makes it easier for you to clean faster and much easier because of the swivel steering and the Complete-Seal Technology.
The fact is that because of the construction of this cleaner it makes it easier for you to clean every service in your home. It is easy to clean hard floors, stairs, and furniture because the unit will convert into a canister when it is needed. Make the most out of your cleaning without having to struggle.
For a truly stubborn stain that has set into the fibers, you may want to use a commercial equipment made just for carpet cleaning.
I have compiled a list of the three best carpet cleaners in which you can take a look if you are considering to purchase one.
- Bissell Big Green Professional Carpet Cleaner, 86T3
- Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Cleaner, FH50150
- Bissell Multi-Purpose Portable Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner, 1400B
This vacuum will go everywhere so if you find that there are stains on the stairs or perhaps even on your furniture just convert the unit into a canister so you can remove the stains easier in those hard to reach areas.
When it comes to the removal of pet stains or any other stains you will find the best unit on the market with affordable price is the Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Cleaner.
You can use any of the stain removal recommended above along with the carpet machine will help get rid of any stains quickly and efficiently. Make pet stains, and/or all the other stains go away instantly with no problems.