Dyson Ball Canister Vacuum is a powerful and efficient way to clean your home. But like all vacuums, it can become full of dirt and dust over time. When this happens, it’s important to know how to open, empty, and clean the vacuum to continue working properly.
Types of Ball Canister Vacuums at Dyson:
Ball Animal 2 and Big Ball have two kinds of popular Ball Vacuums.
The difference is:
Dyson Big Ball is a canister vacuum, whereas the Ball Animal 2 is an upright vacuum. Here we focus on the Ball Animal, a canister vacuum.
How to Open Dyson Big Ball:
There are many reasons to open a Vacuum cleaner. Maybe you need to get to the brush roll, or maybe there’s something caught in the vacuum that you need to remove. Whatever the reason, opening a Dyson Big Ball can be done in just a few steps.
First, locate the release button on the side of the vacuum. This is usually a red or orange button.
Opening the vacuum isn’t recommended unless you are an expert, but if you know what you are doing, here are the steps:
Step 1 – Remove the clear bin and cyclone.
- Fill only halfway. When the mess reaches the MAX level, it should be emptied as soon as possible—do not overfill. The cycle and bin are released from the machine by pressing the red button.
Step 2 – Opening the bin
- To remove the shroud, push down on the red button.
The bin base will not open at this point.
Step 3 – Emptying the bin
- When the bin is completely lowered, it will only open. For allergy sufferers, it is critical to put items in a bag carefully.
The cyclone shroud and assembly should not be washed.
Step 4 – Refitting the clear bin.
- Push the bin assembly into place until it locks. Do not close the bin base at this time.
Step 5 – Close the bin.
- After the bin assembly has been clicked into position, close the bin base.
Step 6 – Reassemble the machine.
- Remove the waste basket and cyclone from the machine.
How to Empty
It is important to empty your vacuum regularly because if you don’t, the dirt and dust will keep building up, and eventually, the vacuum will stop working properly. Emptying a Dyson Big Ball is easy and only takes a few minutes.
Emptying the Clear Bin
- When the dirt level reaches the MAX line, it’s time to empty. Do not overfill the clear bin. Before draining it, switch ‘OFF’ and unplug it.
- To take down the cyclone and bin unit, push the red button on the top of the carrying handle as indicated. Push firmly on the red bin release button to expel dirt.
- As the bin lowers, it will clean the shroud as it slides down. The bin’s base will then swing open.
- If the red button is not fully depressed, the bin will not open. When cleaning out, wrap the transparent container in a plastic bag and empty it to minimize contact with dust or allergens.
- Remove the transparent bin carefully from the bag. Seal the bag tightly and discard it as usual. Push the bin base until it clicks into position to close the clear bin.
- To ensure that the base of the transparent bin is fully shut, firmly press the bin’s base clip. Push the clear container back into position after aligning its base with the air hose inlet.
Things to remember:
– Always switch ‘OFF’ and unplug the vacuum before attempting to empty it.
– It is normal for dust to be emitted when emptying the clear bin for the first time.
– After each use, wipe outside the clear bin with a clean, dry cloth.
Cleaning the outside of your vacuum is just as important as keeping the inside clean. A build-up of dirt and dust on the outside can eventually make its way into the machine’s inner workings and cause it to perform poorly. Simply use a soft, dry cloth to clean the outside of your Dyson Big Ball. You can use a mild soap and water solution for any tough stains. Be sure to avoid getting any water on the electrical components of the vacuum.
things to remember:
Use a soft, dry cloth to avoid scratching the finish.
If using a soap and water solution, be careful not to get any water on the electrical components.
Avoid using harsh cleaning solutions or abrasive scrubbers as these can damage the vacuum.
Looking After Your Dyson Machine
Follow only the instructions and information in this Dyson Operating Manual and those given by the Dyson Helpline for any maintenance or repair activities other than those indicated and described within this manual.
Use only Dyson-approved components. If you don’t, your warranty might be void.
Keep the temperature below 3°C and avoid putting it in a refrigerator or freezer. Before using it, make sure the equipment is at room temperature.
Do not clean the machine with a moist cloth. Do not use lubricants, cleaning agents, polishes, or air fresheners on the machine.
If you store your robot vacuum in a garage, clean the base plate and ball with a dry cloth after vacuuming any sand, dirt, or pebbles off delicate floors.
1. Unless they have been given supervision or instruction by a responsible person on how to use the machine and ensure that it is used safely, young children or persons with physical, sensory, or reasoning limitations, as well as those who are inexperienced and unskilled, should not operate this Dyson device.
2. Do not allow the item to be used as a toy. When used by or near children, close attention is required. Children should be supervised to ensure they do not play with the equipment.
3. Follow the warnings and instructions outlined in this Dyson Operating Manual. Do not perform any extra maintenance beyond that described in this booklet, or as directed by the Dyson Helpline.
4. Suitable for dry settings only. Do not utilize in the rain or on damp surfaces.
5. Do not handle any part of the plug or machine with wet hands..
6. Do not use if the power cord or plug is faulty. If the supply cable is damaged, it must be changed by Dyson, its service technician, or similarly competent individuals to avoid risk.
7. If the machine is not operating properly, has been struck violently, has fallen, been damaged, left outside, or accidentally plunged into water, do not use it. Contact the Dyson Helpline immediately.
8. When services or repairs are required, contact the Dyson Helpline. Disassembling the device may result in an electric shock or fire, so do not do it.
Summary of the Article:
It is important to keep your Dyson Big Ball vacuum clean on the inside and outside. To clean the outside, use a soft, dry cloth. You can use a mild soap and water solution for any tough stains. Be sure to avoid getting any water on the electrical components of the vacuum. You should also avoid using harsh cleaning solutions or abrasive scrubbers as these can damage the vacuum.
If you need to store your vacuum, clean the base plate and ball with a dry cloth before doing so. Finally, if the vacuum is not operating properly, do not attempt to repair it yourself. Instead, contact the Dyson Helpline for assistance.