When it comes to emptying your vacuum cleaners, the process and requirements vary depending on your type of vacuum cleaner. Here’s a quick guide on How to Empty Vacuum Cleaners:
- How to Empty Vacuum Cleaners
- Upright Vacuums:
- Handheld Vacuums:
- Canister Vacuums:
- Things to Remember:
- Final Words:
How to Empty Vacuum Cleaners
Find out how to empty Vacuum Cleaners:
First, let’s talk about the upright vacuum. To empty this vacuum, you should unplug it from the wall outlet. Then you need to turn it over and press down on the latch at the bottom of the canister. The dirt and dust will then be released from the vacuum container into a trash bag or receptacle you have placed under the machine.
Here are some specific upright vacuums and their cleaning instructions:
Dyson Upright Vacuums:
The dirt cup assembly on Dyson ball and cylinder upright vacuums easily detaches from the front of the vacuum. It has a handle so you can carry it to the trash without spilling. To empty it, press down on the red lever on top of the canister.
Bissell PowerForce Compact Vacuum Cleaner:
Sooner or later, the vacuum’s dirt container will need to be emptied. Let us show you how it’s done.
- First, unplug your vacuum. Then, push the Dirt Container Release Button on top of the tank handle to remove the dirt container.
- Hold the container over a garbage bin. To empty, press the Release Button on the back.
- To remove the separator, pull it out of the dirt container
- You can wash your container in warm water with mild detergent if your container is dirty. Remember to rinse and dry it before attaching it to the vacuum. Make sure the separator is in place and snap the bottom into position. Push until locked before returning to vacuuming.
And there you have it! With these tips, we hope your cleaning goes much smoother from here on out.
Kenmore Quick Clean Model 34720
- Turn the Kenmore off by pressing the power switch, then unplugging the cord from the outlet.
- Pull up on the handle to unlock the dustbin. Pull forward to open it.
- To remove the dust bin lid, rotate it counterclockwise. Remember to keep the handle in the upright position while doing this.
- To empty the dustbin, remove it and dump the contents into a trash can. Replace the cover and screw it on clockwise. Set the dust bin back in its holder with the handle pointing up. Push down on the handle to lock it in place.
This is much simpler to empty than an upright model but still requires some attention. To empty a handheld vacuum, you should unplug it from the wall socket and turn it over. You will then see a removable dirt cup or container on the bottom of the vacuum cleaner. Detach this and empty the contents into a trash bag or other suitable receptacle.
Dyson V8 Handheld Vacuum:
The new bin-emptying mechanism included in all Dyson V8 cord-free vacuums allows you to drive out dust and debris with just one action hygienically. You don’t even have to touch the dirt!
Step 1. The MAX mark indicates when the dirt should be emptied – do not fill past this point.
Step 2. Remove the power cord from the socket and clear the transparent container only when the trigger is in the ‘OFF’ position.
Step 3. First, remove the wand and floor tool to empty the bin. Hold onto the machine by its handle to release the dirt and pull back on the red lever until the bin base automatically opens to let out the dirt.
Step 4. To close the bin, push down on the cyclone until it is in its usual position, then manually close the base of the bin. The base will click into place when it is closed securely.
To empty these, you should unplug the unit from the wall outlet and find the dirt cup or container. It is usually located near the bottom of the vacuum cleaner and has a latch for easy release. Once you have opened the latch, empty the contents into a trash bag or other suitable receptacle.
How to Empty a Dyson Ball Vacuum
- There’s a button at the top of the Dyson Ball vacuum series’ detachable dust cup. Once you press it, the entire cup should come out easily.
- Hold the handle at the top of the cup and bring it to a trash can.
- Hold the bottom of the cup as close to the can as possible without touching it. This will help you avoid spilling or kicking up any dust.
- Next, press the release button on top of the handle again, and the bottom of the cup will open up and empty its contents.
- Once most of the dirt and debris is out, shake the remaining residue or tap inside the cup, so it falls out too.
- Make sure the bottom door of the cup is closed tightly by checking for an audible click. Put the vacuum back in its place, ensuring there is a click and it doesn’t budge or come loose when you move it around again.
The Eureka vacuum has a quick-filling, bagless canister that allows for easy disposal of dirt and debris. However, if the canister isn’t emptied regularly, it will cause restricted airflow and eventually render the vacuum useless. The canisters are located at the front of the machine.
To turn off your vacuum, find the power switch and flip it to the “off” position. Once that’s done, unplug the machine from the outlet.
On the top right side of the cleaner, near the handle, is a button labeled “dust cup release.” Press this in order to take the dust cup out of the vacuum housing.
To open the dust cup and dump the contents, twist the lid of the dust cup counterclockwise.
Replace the dust cup lid by rotating it clockwise until it is tight, but take care not to force the lid on, which could cause permanent damage to the cup.
You can now vacuum as usual with the dust cup placed at the bottom of the housing. Push it in until you hear it click to secure it in place.
Things to Remember:
Here are a few things to remember when emptying any kind of vacuum cleaner:
• Always be sure to unplug the vacuum from the wall outlet before removing or emptying anything.
• When handling the dust cup, do not shake it too much, as this could cause debris to fly out and create a mess.
• Make sure that you securely close all lids when done – if not, it could cause permanent damage to the vacuum cleaner.
• Empty the dust cup on a regular basis in order to ensure that the vacuum remains in optimal working condition. This will also help to extend the life of your machine.
• If you are using a bagged system, simply remove the full bag and replace it with a new one before resuming cleaning.
Following these steps, you can easily empty your bagless vacuum and return to cleaning. It may take a bit of time, but it will be worth it in the end, as you will have a cleaner home with less dust and dirt. Good luck!
Thank you for reading our guide on how to empty different bagless vacuums. We hope that you now feel more confident in your cleaning abilities!