Last updated on August 29th, 2022
- Commercial Cleaning Solutions
- Homemade Cleaning Solutions
- How to Clean Ceramic Tiled Floors?
- How to Clean Ceramic Tiles in Bathroom?
- Wrap Up
Commercial Cleaning Solutions
A wide array of ceramic tile cleaning solutions is available in the market. These are further classified into:
1. Concentrated solutions:
Due to their greater potency, most housekeepers tend to use this solution. However, before using it, you have to dilute the solution. For a budget-friendly choice, you can purchase these concentrated solutions in bulk quantities. Remember that concentrated solutions do not mean that they are full of chemicals and contain toxic ingredients. Most house owners use these as they can dilute the solution and save on cash.
While using concentrated cleaners, you need to check the type of ingredients that it contains. This is crucial because it can cause reactions in individuals who are suffering from different kinds of allergies.
2. Pre-diluted cleaning agents:
These cleaners are not as potent as the concentrated products. However, they do contain numerous ingredients and have fragrances like limonene. Also, they are easy and ready to use. For some products, all you have to do is spray it directly on the floor.
3. Eco-friendly cleaners:
To avoid polluting the environment, it’s advisable to go green. For this, you may have to make better and wise decisions. Using cleaning agents that are eco-friendly is a great choice. Choose cleaning agents that have lesser content of volatile organic compounds (VOC). These are gases that a few liquid cleaning agents emit, which causes adverse effects on the environment. It will also reduce the quality of air in a particular vicinity. Other than the numerous allergic reactions, it causes nose bleeds, memory disorders, and chronic headaches in the long run.
Based on your specific needs and requirements, you can choose the cleaner that does the job well. Some of the top choices that can rejuvenate your ceramic floors include:
- TileLab Cleaner & Resealer – helps in protecting the floors.
- Trewax Neutral Floor Cleaner – acts as a neutral cleanser.
- Rejuvenate Bio-Enzymatic – eco-friendly cleaner.
- Bona Stone Tile Floor Spray – easy to apply.
- Traction Wash Heavy Duty – suitable for heavy-duty cleaning.
- StoneTech Mold Remover – best for getting rid of molds.
- Method Squirt & Mop Cleaner – give a pleasant smell.
Homemade Cleaning Solutions
Ceramic surfaces will become dull and damaged if not properly taken care of. Accumulation of dirt and grime can stain the surface and slowly enter into the grout. By using ammonia and bleach on the tiles, it can cause irreversible stains.
Also, scrubbing with abrasive cleaning items will result in scratches, thereby losing its natural luster. Hence it’s advisable to use appropriate cleaning solutions to maintain the natural look.
Mixing a mild detergent with warm water is sufficient for maintaining daily cleaning. By using household items like distilled vinegar and baking soda will help remove stubborn stains and retain the shine.
How to Clean Ceramic Tiled Floors?
Make sure to clean the ceramic tiles regularly to maintain the shine. For this:
- Sweep the floor or just use the reliable canister vacuum to get rid of the debris, dirt, and loose particles. Use the soft head of a vacuum cleaner or a soft brush to avoid causing any scratches on the tile surface.
- Next, prepare 1 gallon of warm water, and add a half cup of white vinegar. This is because vinegar, which is a mild acid, helps in dissolving water & grease stains and deodorizers & disinfects the tiles.
- Dip a chamois or string mop in the solution, wring it and then start mopping the tiles carefully.
- For cleaning larger surface areas, replace the solution a few times to avoid getting a cloudy dirt film on the tiled surface.
- Mop again with hot water and allow it to dry out completely.
For sparkling tiles:
Mop the cleaned floor using hot water mixed with lemon juice or club soda as it gives a natural polishing effect. Then use a clean cloth to dry out the tiles. This will help restore the original luster and give it a bright look.
For stubborn stains:
Make a paste by mixing water with baking soda and applying it to the areas that have stubborn stains. By using a cloth or a soft brush gently scrub to remove the stains.
How to Clean Ceramic Tiles in Bathroom?
Cleaning ceramic tiles in bathroom countertops, showers, or any other tiled area with lots of dampness can be quite challenging.
For soap scum or residue:
Prepare a paste using water and baking soda and scrub onto the tiles gently. Rinse the surface and dry it well using commercial cleaning agents or soap to avoid further buildups.
To prevent the growth of mold on the tiles, drop 2 tsp of tea tree oil into a spray bottle filled with warm water and mist it over the affected area.
For water spots:
Dip a sponge in a mixture of distilled vinegar and baking soda and wipe the surface. Rinse the area well by using clean water and use a soft cloth to dry it thoroughly. Deal with water spots immediately as it can stain when left unattended for long.
Remember to wipe the ceramic tiles in the kitchen countertop, bathroom, and backsplashes using a solution made with liquid soap, vinegar, and baking soda mixed with the water regularly. This will make the tiled surface safe and hygienic to use.
Freshly cleaned ceramic tiles give a refreshed feel to your abode. However, make sure that you are using the best ceramic tile cleaning solution to get long-lasting results. This can ensure that your house ceramic is always shining and sparkling!
I hope that this article at least can give a better idea to you on how to clean ceramic tile floors and if you have any comments, feel free to contact us.