Last updated on August 27th, 2022
Bissell is one of the more well recognized and popular vacuum cleaner manufacturers in the world. Since the day Bissell existed, the company still produced various types and models of vacuum cleaners to help people effectively clean their home or car. Among them are carpet cleaners, vacuums, steam & hard floor cleaners, sweepers and pet hair tools.
Out of so many household equipments, the vacuum cleaners are very popular and get high demand. Cleaner like canister and upright vacuums are widely used in most of the households today. This article will just focus on top canister vacuum cleaners produced by Bissell.
Most of the canister vacuums by Bissell are lightweight and cheaper models compare to other brands. Is the cheaper products means less effective? Not absolutely true. The following are some of the quality Bissell canister vacuums that worth to take a look.
What Bissell’s Can Give You?
Here are some of the features that you can expect from the Bissell vacuums:
Bissell gives you variety
Bissell vacuums come in all shapes and sizes. They offer everything from upright, hand, cordless and canister vacuum cleaners to cleaning formulas and applications to make cleaning hard floors that much easier and efficient.
A review of Bissell canister vacuum cleaners and other cleaners shows that several of the models can do both wet and dry cleaning. This variety makes filth removal much less painful and helps people who have a variety of surfaces to clean, get the chore done in no time at all.
The Cyclone Technology
Most of the Bissell vacuum cleaners often build the model’s with cyclone technology. This technology improves the overall efficiency of the vacuum’s motors. For instance, when a model’s 12-amp engine picks up filth, the cyclone technology ensures that it will be properly filtered. So, big pieces of debris can be picked up in a snap and kept out of the air. The HEPA filtration system and cyclone technology make for an overall healthier and cleaner environment.
You may notice that this company always has the customer in mind. Their machines are intended to make cleaning exceptionally painless. Many of this company’s models have ergonomic design to make the vacuums easy to move, pick up, and operate.
The design options of Bissell canister vacuums are key for those who have bad backs or who have children. This ensures that the vacuums will be effortless to lift and move and that vacuum-related accidents will be kept to a minimum.
If a household has stairs in their house, it is crucial to consider ergonomic design vacuums or you can use the handheld vacuums. Moving a heavy model up a flight of stairs can be extremely difficult and hazardous.
Also read: Best Vacuum for Stairs 2019
The Bissell vacuum cleaner models will show that they have a variety of attachments to make cleaning that much easier. The models’ vacuum cleaner accessories come in all shapes and forms. There are crevice accessories to help users vacuum nooks and crannies in a home or office, extension wands to access awkward to reach areas, and tools for cleaning upholstery and for dusting various areas. The attachments that come with Bissell models are simple to use and easy to attach.
Bissell is a celebrated brand and their canister vacuum cleaners and other cleaners are ones you should put on your short list when searching for a vacuum cleaner. Following are the top recommendations for Bissell bagged and bagless models.
Bissell Bagged Canister Vacuum Cleaner
The majority of Bissell’s products are well made, versatile and tough and when it comes to cleaning and maintaining you home in the way you want then Bissell have quality products to offer you. Take the time to look at our favorite Bissell canister vacuums below!
If you are wondering why someone prefers bagged while other not, read our explanations on the pros and cons of bagged as well as bagless vacuums.
Recommended reading: Top 5 Best Bagged Canister Vacuum Reviews
1. Bissell Zing Canister Vacuum, 4122
This is the only Bissell bagged canister vacuum that we recommend. This cheap cleaner is very affordable and it’s also one of the famous vacuum that score very high ratings. Click here to read the full review.
The following are notable features of this cleaner:
- A powerful suction power that is intended for getting dirt and dusts from both high and low places.
- When cleaning different types of surfaces, use Variable Suction Control to adjust the power you want and needs.
- Multi-surface cleaning technology – With just flipping of a switch to easily turn from cleaning carpets and rugs to ceramic tiles and hard floors.
- It uses pre-motor foam filter (Not the industry standard HEPA filter).
- A telescoping wand for comfortable cleaning in the height you want. Also, it’s good for above floor cleaning.
- It has swivel head that can let you clean some of the places that are difficult to reach.
- The full bag indicator will tell you when to empty the bag to maintain its high cleaning performance throughout your chore.
- A 17’ power cord (not very long) and with automatic cord rewind feature.
- It also has wheels that would keep it rolling easily wherever you may go as you clean.
- 1-year limited warranty.
- To read the customer reviews and check the latest price of the vacuum, click here.
- Very cheap canister vacuum yet powerful (In fact, it’s one of the cheapest unit)
- Lightweight and compact design
- It’s suitable for multi-surface vacuuming
- Versatile enough for stairs, floors and upholstery
- Telescopic wand and power cord (17-ft) a bit short
- No motorized brush
- A bagged cleaner (replacement costs is needed)
Well, this is the only Bissell bagged canister model that we recommend. For a price of about $50 you can get a machine with several attachments, what are you waiting for? Click here to check out the latest price at Amazon.com.
Bissell Bagless Canister Vacuum Cleaners
The following are three Bissell bagless canister models that we recommend.
1. Bissell Hard Floor Expert Multi-Cyclonic Canister Vacuum (1547)
As one of the best bagless canister vacuums chosen by our editor, this is a compact yet affordable cleaner. Many users on Amazon are highly praise on this cleaner mainly because of the excellent suctions, simple design and ergonomic features for easy handling of this cleaner. Read our editor review now.
Here are the features highlights:
- Powered with 9.2 amps motor power.
- Multi-Cyclonic Technology to provide excellent suction.
- Multi-level filtration system to capture almost all the dusts and pollens inside the vacuum itself.
- Hard Floor Turbine Foot is great to captures dirt, debris and pet hairs on all surfaces.
- The metal telescoping wand allows you to clean above floors and under furniture’s easier and faster.
- Easy empty dirt cup. Dirt Cup Capacity : 67.6 fluid Ounce.
- 18-ft power cord with auto retractable.
- 2-year limited warranty.
- Click here to get details info or read the customer reviews.
- Great for hardwood floors, okay on low-pile carpet
- A quiet cleaner let you do the cleaning even at night
- Easy to empty the dust bin and put back
- Comes with 2 vacuum heads and 2 attachments
- Cord retraction functionality
- Not great for high-pile carpet and stairs
- The plastic piece that surrounds the hose can break
2. Bissell 1161 Hard Floor Expert Deluxe Canister Vacuum
This is another cheap yet reliable vacuum from Bissell. Even it’s expert for hard floor, the vacuum also comes with several attachments for other types of floor. For those homes with mostly hardwood floors, you can read our recommendations on the top canister vacs for hard floors too.
Let’s see the vacuum features below or read our full review about this Bissell canister vac:
- Lightweight and compact design make it easy to store and move from one place to another.
- Cyclonic technology – Deliver consistent suction power as you clean.
- Swivel steering – let you clean hard to reach areas easier like places that under the furniture’s.
- Control the suction power on the handle with digital fingertip controls.
- Easy to open, clean and empty the dirt tank with just push of a button.
- Adjustable Telescopic extension wand extends the vacuum reach i.e. good for above floor and stairs cleaning.
- A quiet vacuum that you can clean your house even at the midnight.
- The cord is 16.4-ft length and comes with easy to retract power cord with just push of a button.
- Built-in rubber wheels to prevent marks or scratches on the laminated floors.
- Attachment tools include like Turbine hard floor brush (unique brush designed for hard floor surfaces), carpet/floor nozzle, crevice tool, and dusting brush.
- 2-year warranty.
- Visit this page to check the latest deal or read the genuine customer reviews of this Bissell canister vacuum.
- Great and safe/protection for hard floor surfaces (with soft bristle and non-marking wheels)
- Digital fingertip controls let you easily control the suction power easier
- No lose of suction if you keep airways free of blockages
- A quiet vacuum, auto cord rewind and easy to use & store
- Power cord is little short
- Some users also complaint that the dust bin is small
3. Bissell Zing Canister Vacuum, 6489
Update: Bissell no longer produce this model and hence the availability of this cleaner is restricted. Anyway, you can read our review about this canister model here.
This vacuum is cheap and it’s one of the best seller bagless canister vacuum that you can get in the major online stores. Following are some of the key features of this vacuum:
- A bagless vacuum that comes with average suction (9 amps motor) that able to pick up dusts effectively.
- Lightweight and compact design makes it easy to move and store.
- 3-stage filtration: Dirt cup filters and post-motor filter help to capture more fine dust and particles.
- Flip of a switch to go from cleaning carpets to hard floors.
- Included attachments: Easy Empty Dirt Cup, Combination Crevice Tool/Dusting Brush.
- 1-year limited warranty.
- To read more customer reviews or check the latest price of this canister vac, click here.
- One of the cheapest canister vacuum in the market
- Easy switch while doing the multi-surface cleaning
- 3-stage filtration system
- Auto cord rewind
- Not very efficient on carpets
- No variable suction control like newer Bissell models
- Sound little noisy and shorter power cord
Conclusion: Bissell Offers Affordable Canister Models That You Can Rely On
After all, above are the top rated Bissell canister vacuum cleaners that recommended by us. You will notice that the Bissell vacuums are relatively cheaper compare to some other brands like Dyson and Miele. So if you are tight in budget, then you can consider getting one of the models above. After all, Bissell is a brand that you can trust.
If you are still doubt in making the decision, then we recommend the Bissell Hard Floor Expert Multi-Cyclonic Canister Vacuum, 1547. This bagless model are great and efficient at affordable price.
For more info, you can visit the official Bissell site at www.bissell.com