For restaurants, dirty place means losing potential and even avid customers. It is then important to get a professional vacuum cleaner that does a great job in keeping your restaurant pristine clean.
Since restaurants are prone to wetness, the best commercial vacuum cleaner for it is the type that can deal with damp materials, spilled liquids and other wet mess without leaving its motor and any of its parts damaged.
Moreover, it must be strong enough to suck up crumbs (both dry and sticky) and other solid dirt. So, which vacuum model is most suitable for your restaurant cleaning needs? Read on to find out more in this article.
What Type of Cleaner Works Best?
There are several types of vacuum that can work beautifully on any restaurants, and it all depends on the types of floors.
As a restaurant’s floor especially the department store or cooking areas can get many types of wet or dry foods that difficult to clean using the traditional vacuum cleaner. But the normal household vacuum like upright, canister or handheld vacuums has their own use too.
So, do you need a commercial vacuum? Compare to the normal vacuum, the commercial grade vacuum generally more robust and durable that can be used for heavy-duty and it last longer.
Following are the four types of vacuum cleaners that are suitable for restaurants:
- Canister vacuum – a famous home or office cleaning device that are great for hard floors. You can use it to clean the restaurant staircases, under the tables and chairs.
- Upright vacuum – great for general purpose cleanings like normal home with carpet, commercial offices or hotel rooms, and open areas of a restaurant.
- Backpack vacuum – a commercial backpack cleaner offer convenience, versatility, and maneuverability for continuous and long hours cleaning needs.
- Handheld vacuum – this is a lightweight and portable cleaner that is convenient to clean the restaurant stairs, drapes, or upholstery.
- Steam cleaner – This is a chemical-free steam cleaning that can be used to clean every area of the restaurant excluding carpeted floors.
The Best Vacuum for Restaurant Reviews
It’s critical for you as a restaurant or café owner to pick a proven vacuum that able to clean the floor thoroughly. We listed below our picks for the best vacuum cleaners for restaurants.
1.) Best-rated Heavy-duty Cleaner for Restaurants
The McCulloh MC-1275 Heavy-Duty Steam Cleaner is the toughest vacuum cleaner we’ve ever seen work. It not only tackles most floor surfaces, but also deals with kitchen appliances. This is particularly very helpful for all the places in the restaurant – from the main dining areas to the kitchen. There’s no need to buy separate vacuum cleaners for them.
With the use of ordinary water heated to over 200 degrees Fahrenheit, an array of attachments, and a strong steam power, it can clean up even the greasiest barbecue grills and countertops.
Included in the unit is a steam mop that handles your delicate restaurant floors, they maybe wood, ceramic tiles and/or laminate. Moreover, this mop can be attached with microfiber pads (which are also included in the box) that are used for removing stains and scuffs from bare floors. If the pads can’t do it, the nylon utility brushes will fill in, providing extra scrubbing power for tougher dirt and stains. They are washable and reusable.
The McCulloh MC-1275 comes with extension wands as well that are double-purpose: they can be used for mopping and for cleaning hard-to-reach places like those above your head. There’s a squeegee for mirrors, windows and other glass surfaces.
Lastly, there are the scrub pad and the brass utility brush for removing stuck-on grease and grime on ovens and grills. The most surprising part is that you get all these powerful features for under $150!
- Powerful and lightweight – 1500-watt steam power provides superior cleaning with about 13 lbs in weight
- Chemical free cleaning – The machine using hot pressured steam to eliminate grime, grease, mold, and stains from the floors.
- Perfect for: most types of flooring, appliances, countertops, & fixtures which you can find a lot in a café/restaurant
- Large tank capacity – The 48-ounce water tank heats up in under 8 minutes can let you do the steam cleaning for up to 45 minutes
- 18 accessories included – help you to clean the restaurant areas effectively
- Cheaper price with a 2-year warranty.
- The handle will be getting hot when you use it for long hours
- Some parts are build from cheap plastic, but what else you can expect from a cleaner under $150 with 18 attachments
- Not for carpeted floor and quick clean up since you need some time to get the water in the steam cleaner to heat and hot
Let’s watch the video below that demonstrates how this steamer was use on cleaning a car (demo start at 3:25)
Check out the latest price of this McCulloh MC-1275 on Amazon.com.
2.) Best Backpack Commercial Vacuum for Restaurants
If you have a large cleaning area of a restaurant, a lightweight backpack vacuum may just be the perfect cleaning tool. One that you can carry on your back would be the most convenient and practical.
Our best pick for this type is the Hoover Commercial Lightweight Backpack Vacuum, C2401. It is lightweight, only weighing 9.2 pounds. This type of cleaner stores all the collected debris, dusts or pollens in a backpack canister, let you do the cleaning job without any hassle.
It has a very long cord that would allow you to clean an entire floor without having the switch the outlet. It works very quiet as well, operating at only 66 decibels noise level.
But what is really worth highlighting about this vacuum are its brush floor attachments. Usually, you would hate them and render them useless, but with the Hoover Commercial Backpack Vacuum C2401, they are the most useful things. It is fantastic for the hardwood and tiled floors, whichever your restaurant has.
- Superior mobility – Lightweight convenience to let you easily carry the vacuum to clean any places that you want
- Hypercone filter made with HEPA media – deliver consistent and powerful suction without losing the suction
- Versatile – With the attachments, extension length and swivels heads you can expect an incredible vacuuming experience.
- Extra-long power cord – 48-feet to let you clean the large areas without switching the outlet.
- Attachment kit – various on-board tools comes with the unit for easier cleaning.
- Less effective for carpet cleaning (no beater brush) unless your carpet is low-pile.
- Not a wet vacuum – Not designed to pick up liquids (Side note: Pouring baking soda on liquids and clean it using the vacuum)
- For a newbie, you may need some time to getting comfortable while using it.
Check out what professionals are saying about this backpack cleaner:
3.) Best Canister Vacuum for Restaurants
Another great option of a vacuum cleaner for a restaurant is the NaceCare “Henry” HVR 200 Canister Vacuum. Don’t let that cheeky smile fool you; it might make the machine look cheap, but it’s not at all. Its price is on the medium side of vacuum cleaners, and it does a great job to make it worth the value.
The NaceCare Henry HVR 200 is built with four wheels that allow better maneuverability. It also comes with two floor nozzles: one intended to work on wet floors and the other for carpets and dry bare floors. It uses a 1200 watt hi-power motor, which makes its suction very powerful.
- A durable vacuum that make your purchase last for many years.
- Powerful cleaner that build for commercial used to pick up the dirt, dust and debris.
- A quiet vacuum of only 47 dB(A) noise level let you do the cleaning anytime (even your restaurant is having customers during the lunch time!!)
- A thermal overload feature for safety and motor protection
- Long 33-foot power cord (store internally)
- The included attachments cannot be stored inside/outside the Henry vacuum, so you have to erring it along while cleaning
- The performance on medium to high-pile carpet is not very promising. Cannot used in the restaurant wet areas too.
Let’s take a look the video below for full review:
Amazon.com is offering this unit at very attractive price, check out now.
There are three models of top restaurant vacuums we introduced in this article. All the 3 cleaners have their own unique features and usages. If you prefer to use the chemical-free steam cleaner, then the McCulloh MC-1275 is your choice. Among the three models, this is the cheapest!
For those that prefer the greatest mobility that you can carry around for faster cleaning process, then you can choose the Hoover Backpack Vacuum C2401. With the weight of less than 10 lbs, you can easily carry it for longer cleaning time.
The NaceCare Henry HVR 200 is a light commercial vacuum that is suitable for residential cleaning. This quiet cleaner is not lightweight, but it comes with 4-wheels to help you move around the canister.