Quick Vacuuming Tips for Effective Cleaning
There comes time when you get calls and messages and you get to know an unexpected guest or a colleague may be dropping by your house in a short span of time. You panic and get worried about appearance of your house.
No need to worry, just take a deep breath and follow these quick vacuuming tips that would make your house really clean in a quick flash.
Many believe that vacuuming is just quickly dragging vacuum and perform sweeping motions on your floor. It surely is but with some appropriate techniques and tools, you can make it even easier and effective even if you are a beginner having a canister vacuum.
Preparing to Vacuum
Before beginning to vacuum, make sure that you have picked up all clutter substances that may hinder vacuuming and have placed all the things in place. This would require a walk-through the entire place to be cleaned to check for anything obvious that may obstruct cleaning.
Gather all such things and carefully look for things that you vacuum may catch while cleaning and it may cause damage. Remove dust from curtains and high surfaces before vacuuming.
Before starting check if the vacuum’s dust bag is full. If it is even close to full empty or replace it before vacuuming.
Clean filters and clear hose can ensure effective suction power. Most of the vacuums offer different settings of cleaning according to the type and height of surface such as the Miele canister vacuum cleaners. Check for appropriate surface setting before cleaning.
General Tips While Vacuuming
Following are some of the excellent tips to quickly clean the floors:
- Vacuum draperies and furniture first.
- Plug in the vacuum and begin cleaning in a straight path so you can follow a pattern and ensure that each area has been vacuumed.
- Some deep embedded soil may need you to take multiple turns over floor for thorough cleaning.
- Count all motions and avoid using power head on bare floor.
- Vacuum all the rooms first and then move to the hallway and stairs.
- For stairs start from the farthest area and vacuum backward to the top of the stairs. Use telescopic wand that works most effectively on cleaning of stairs.
- Pick up all the rugs of house and shake them well outside and then vacuum.
- Cleaning Over Carpets: Carpets should be vacuumed slowly for effective removal of dirt. Begin to vacuum from the door and take overlapping passes especially towards the edges. Carefully clean areas where the dirt may be grounded in. for cleaning of corners make use of dust brush and crevice nozzle.
- Cleaning Hard Floors: Canisters usually come with a specific hard floor attachment that is designed to clean well over hardwood floors. You would need to turn the beater bar of your appliance off and check for debris in wheels and brushes as it may scratch your floor. Over hardwood floor usually dirt and dust is readily collected in the corners so every time you vacuum clean the corners and take multiple overlap swipes.
- Clean baseboards with crevice tool and use upholstery tool for removing dust and debris over upholstery furniture.
- If you encounter different sound from your vacuum, immediately stop and check if any object has been incidentally caught in the brush. Any blockage caused may be harmful and can even burn out your canister vacuum motor.
Canisters have tools that would allow you to clean under the furniture, in the corners and upholstery without the need of moving heavy furniture every now and then for vacuuming. The attachment tools are designed to reach all places well. Most of the canisters come with nozzles, hoses, wands and other attachments.
- Use brush attachments/upholstery tool for loosening of dirt and dust on furniture and upholstery. You can even clean chairs, leather sofas and draperies.
- Use wand to clean corners, edges and tracks of sliding doors of glass.
- The extension wand enables you to clean all those places that are out of reach of hand. You can clean ceilings and get rid of dirt and cobwebs over skylights.
- A bristled brush is designed usually with bristles attached closed together and you can use this tool for effective cleaning of polished, hard surfaces. This may also be used over hard to reach area of carpets.
- There are many vacuums that do not make use of bag and are appointed with a removable bin or container. These containers are usually transparent that lets you know how much of dirt is filled and when to empty or replace the container.
- For vacuums that use bags, keep an eye on how fast the dirt is being accumulated and make sure you clean it before it reaches close to full. In order to have impressive suction power, this step is crucial.
- Must have extra bags supple in hand so when you are in the process of cleaning, you may not find the need of running to a store to get an extra bag in case you need replacement.
These tips for vacuuming your house quickly with a canister vacuum would help you in vacuuming your house effectively and quickly like an expert. Following these guidelines, you will get a clean house in no time. Always keep a pattern that you find comfortable in cleaning. It is best to make sure that you don’t miss any place and clean all the segments of your house successfully.
Categorised in: Articles & Tips