10 Must-Know Carpet Cleaning Tips
Carpet cleaning is a tough task if you want to really master the skills of cleaning carpet. But it’s also not that difficult as you think as long as you ensure that the cleaning supplies and vacuum cleaner are safe for the carpet and yourself are qualified.
Generally, cleaning the carpet surface is using the vacuum cleaners such as upright, canister vacuum or spot cleaners with necessary attachment to prolong the life of your carpet.
The deep cleaning is needed maybe once a year depending to how the carpet exposed to the animals and dusts. To do the deep cleaning, you can ask the help of a professional carpet cleaner or you will need to use a deep cleaning machine like Rug Doctor Sport Cleaner.
As the carpet cannot be replaced frequently, if you really cannot do the cleaning you can ask the help from professional carpet cleaner. But doing it yourself is more economical and practical as you can control what is being applied to the carpet and ensure everything is done correctly.
10 Useful Carpet Cleaning Tips and Tricks
It’s advice that you limit food and drink in a room with carpet. This one tip will save you lots of trouble. The following tips can help you how to deal with dirty carpet as well as carpet cleaning guide.
- A powerful machine or cleaner is not always the most appropriate choice for your house carpet. It depends to the carpet, i.e. made from coarse synthetic fibers or soft natural fibers.
- On average carpets need to be vacuum at least once a week and more often in areas of heavy traffic. The less you vacuum will let the dirt in the carpet grinding it in.
- Frequent vacuuming prolongs the life of your carpet by preventing a buildup of gritty particles that can cut carpet fibers.
- To vacuum wall-to-wall carpeting, divide the floor into quadrants and vacuum an entire quadrant before moving on to the next.
- Cleaning the heavy traffic areas with a crisscross pattern of overlapping strokes is recommended.
- Normally deep cleaning is needed once a year to thoroughly clean the carpet to ensure its tidiness and clean even for baby to play around.
- Take care of the spills quickly to maintain a clean carpet. Do not let stains set. To quickly remove the spots and spills, mop up with a sponge or absorbent cloth than only do vacuuming.
- You can apply defend to your home carpet to help prevent stains from forming. This also ensures the cleaning is easier and faster.
- Avoid excess foam on carpet when cleaning. If necessary, clean the area with warm soapy water.
- After cleaning the carpet, ventilate the area can help the carpet dry faster.
Note: Steam cleaning would be another alternative if you do not want water cleaning process for carpets.
The following video shows how to get rid of stains out of carpet.
So, vacuuming your carpets thoroughly and overlapping your strokes using the vacuum cleaner will help keep dust, dirt and bacteria from accumulating inside your carpets. Also, deep cleaning on the carpet is needed from time to time to ensure your carpet always in the good and clean state.
If you are new, take some time to learn the best method to clean the carpet and you will find the job easier than you ever thought. Unsure which is the best cleaner for your carpet, see the recommendations here.
More from my site
Categorised in: Articles & Tips