Best Canister Vacuum with Powerhead Reviews
What is the difference between vacuum cleaners with a power head, sometimes called motorized head, and vacuum cleaners with turbo head?
The motorized power head (or power nozzle) actually has a separate motor in the head which spins the round brushes in the head around very fast, allowing it to get deep within the carpet pile to suck up dust and debris, which may otherwise be left in the carpet.
This can significantly extend the life of your carpet as dust deep in the pile actually has a cutting action which wears away at the fibers, eventually causing them to shred and eventually come loose from the carpet base.
A vacuum cleaner with a turbo head also has spinning brushes in the head, however the spinning is caused by the suction itself. The spinning may be less efficient than with a motorized head and not pick up the dirt embedded deep in the pile, but they can be a bit lighter for the user.
- The Power Head Vs. Turbo Head
- Top 5 Power Head Canister Vacuums
- Conclusion: Get a Vacuum with Power Head Now
The Power Head Vs. Turbo Head
So which one is better? Well it’s largely a matter of preference. Some users swear by the vacuum cleaners with an extra motor in the head simply because they believe that they clean better. It depends if you prefer a lighter versus heavier wand, how much dirt is buried in your carpet and whether you have an animal that sheds a lot of hair. You may like to know the best vacuum for pet hair reviews.
Whichever type of head you prefer, keeping you filters clean will give you a much better result, especially with the turbo head where the strength of the suction is quite important to get the brushes spinning fast.
Also make sure you keep your brushes hair and dirt free, otherwise they can clog and stop spinning. The turbo heads are notorious for collecting long hair which wraps around the brush and stops it from working.
If you have a vacuum cleaner that uses bags, having a clean bag installed regularly will also improve performance. Watch the following video shows the different types of turbohead versus Miele powerhead:
The Miele Power Head and Turbo Head
While high-end models of Miele canister vacuums are using the power heads but the more affordable models like Compact C1 Turbo Team vacuum is using turbo heads. The following will show you the four models of Miele Power Heads that can be use for carpet cleaning.
The following are the four models of Miele turbo heads or floor tools. The turbo heads is more suitable for cleaning hard floors.
So, once you already know the Miele vacuum heads you will know which Miele model is more suitable for you. The following video will give you more info:
Top 5 Power Head Canister Vacuums
The following are our recommended canister vacuums with power heads.
1. Miele Compact C2 Electro+ Canister Vacuum
This is a mid-price vacuum by Miele but this is a cheapest Miele model that comes with Miele’s SEB228 Powered Floor Brush. With this floor brush, you can use it to clean low-to high pile carpet. For hard floors, this cleaner is equipped with SBB Parquet Floor Brush which had soft, natural bristles to avoid any damage on the floors.
Of course this vacuum also has other great features like:
- 1200 watt Miele-made Vortex Motor power
- It uses HEPA filter with AirClean sealed system
- The 5-setting rotary-dial to adjust the suction power to clean different surfaces
- Ergonomic handle with max 33-ft cleaning radius (auto cord retractable feature)
- Rubber wheels to avoid scratches on the finish hardwood floors
- 3 accessories on VarioClip including dusting brush, upholstery tool and crevice nozzle.
2. Kenmore 81614 Bagged Canister Vacuum with Pet PowerMate
This Kenmore unit is a good alternative to more expensive models from Miele or Dyson because it’s not only pet friendly but also wallet friendly! With the affordable price, this cleaner is just excellent to clean bare floors and area rugs just like other high-end models.
The powerful motor together with pet hair brush sucks up the dirt and pet hairs easily, that’s why this cleaner also called Pet friendly Pop-N-Go canister vac. The powered brush head can be good for cleaning deep carpets.
Following are some of the notable features of this Kenmore canister vacuum:
- A compact vacuum with 12 amps powerful motor.
- 2-motor system and Power Flow technology ensure no loss suction.
- It uses HEPA filter and HEPA cloth dust bag.
- Telescoping wand to extend reaches and easy above floors cleaning.
- 28 ft power cord length with auto rewind feature.
- 4 accessories – Crevice Tool, Pet PowerMate, Dusting Brush, and Bare Floor Tool.
- Read the full review of this Kenmore 81614 vacuum here.
3. Electrolux Corded Ultra Flex Canister Vacuum, EL4335B
When dealing with vacuum cleaner, Electrolux is another brand that you can trust. This EL4335B model is suitable for all hard floors as well as carpets cleaning. It’s powered with Brushroll Clean technology that able to removed tangles from the brushroll with the touch of a button. The slim design of the dirt cup let you can empty the collected dusts easily. The accompany crevice tool and dusting brush can be store on the handle for easy access when needed. There are 4 on-board tools that can help you to clean even faster and easier.
- Powerful 1440 watts motor power
- Cyclonic Action for consistent suction power
- Finger controls with 3-level height adjustment
- It uses washable HEPA filter to capture the dusts and allergens
- Max 33 feet cleaning radius (21 feet cord and 8 feet hose) with wide cleaning nozzle.
- Easy storage as you can park either horizontally or vertically
- 5-year warranty
- For more info, read full review here.
4. Miele Blizzard CX1 Cat & Dog Bagless Canister Vacuum
This is a high-end model by Miele that specially designed for pet hairs removal. Packed with new technology, bagless, washable HEPA filter, nice design and color, you definitely can use the tool to do cleaning on normal hard and carpet flooring. This Miele bagless canister vacuum comes with SEB228 Electro+ Power Brush and SBB Parquet Floor Twister as well as other tools can save your cleaning time dramatically.
Following are some of the great features of this Miele Blizzard CX1 Cat & Dog Vacuum:
- Powered with 1,200-W Miele-Made Vortex Motor
- 4-setting rotary dial to adjust the needed cleaning power – from major to fine drapes.
- Using the HEPA filter perfect for allergy and asthma sufferers
- Hygienic emptying the dust bin can minimize the direct contact to the dusts, pollens, etc.
- The 4 casters and wheels within the casters let you easy to maneuver
- The ‘ergonomic’ style handle make you easily control the cleaning.
- Long power cord with auto rewind feature
- A quiet machine so you can do cleaning even at night
- 7-year warranty on casing and motor; 1-year for other components
- Click here to check out the latest price at Amazon.com.
5. Kenmore 21814 Elite Pet & Allergy Friendly CrossOver Canister Vacuum
This is another model of Kenmore cleaners that comes with power head. It’s suitable for multi-surfaces cleaning including the pet hairs. It uses HEPA filtration and the unit is certified by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America which means it’s very suitable for allergy and asthma sufferers. This powerful canister vac comes with 5 onboard tools that can definitely help you vacuum the house faster and cleaner. It can lifts up stubborn dander, pet hair and more from carpeting, under furniture and corners.
Here are the notable features of Kenmore 21824 canister vac:
- 12 amps motor power suitable for multi surfaces cleaning
- HEPA filtration system
- Telescopic wand with control on handle to ease cleaning
- Dirt sensor to detect the dirts on the floors
- It has CrossOver floor nozzle with 14” cleaning width.
- It comes with 26 feet retractable power cord.
- 1-year warranty
There are some other canister vacuum cleaners with motorized head. However, the above five units are quite a few good ones to choose from. You can get any one as there are reliable yet powerful canister vacuum.
Conclusion: Get a Vacuum with Power Head Now
Turbo or turbine heads are lighter to use as they don’t have a motor and operate by the suction of the machine itself. When they first came into being, they weren’t particularly efficient.
However, with the powerful suction of the high performance cleaners, the turbo heads work very well especially on hard floors. Else, you can choose the Miele Compact C2 Electro+ Canister Vacuum as our top pick.
Whether you prefer a vacuum cleaner with motorized head or with turbo head, make sure you pick a machine that best suit to your cleaning needs. If you prefer a canister model with power head, any one of the recommendation above will not disappointed you!
More from my site
Categorised in: Articles & Tips