Best Canister Vacuum For Hardwood Floors Guide
Are you looking for quality and suitable canister vacuum that able to clean your house effectively? Then, you have come to the right place! On this page you will know how to choose the best canister vacuum for hardwood floors.
There are many canister vacuums in the market that can be use to clean your house/office or even your car. However, some manufacturer’s produces certain model of canister vacuums with special intention like it’s better uses to clean the hard floors rather than carpets; some are specially designed for pet and cat hairs, etc.
So choosing a right vacuum will help minimize the time it takes to clean your house hardwood floors and keep them looking new! This article will let you discover the top 3 canister vacuums that available in the market for hardwood floors.
But before that, it’s good to know…
What to Look for?
Traditionally, a canister vacuum is good for bare floors (hard wood, vinyl, etc) and upright is better for carpets. But now almost all vacuums can clean well on both bare floors and carpet, only that certain models might be better suited for one surface while other cleaner may better for another type of surface.
After all, the canister vac is still a prefer choice for your house hardwood floor, and here are the few other things to consider on the canisters (for hardwoods):
• Adjustable and Strong Suction Power. Strong cleaner is always a prefer choice no matter what surfaces you have and the adjustable power is definitely a bonus for your vacuum.
• Lightweight with Non-marking Wheels. The lightweight is always a prefer choice when come to wood surfaces. The non-marking wheels can reduce the risk of causing accidental scratches and scuff marks on the floors.
• No Beater Brushes. Avoid canister vacuum with beater brushes because it can cause damage to the hardwood floors. This feature is designed to dig into carpet fibers.
• On-board tools/Accessories. A cleaner with more tools is good especially the upholstery tool and the crevice tool for hardwood, and if you have pets, a rubberized pet hair tool is good.
• Price. After all, the vacuum price is still a determining factor for many people. There are different price ranges of vacuums available at the home page of this site.
Top 3 Canister Vacuum For Hardwood Floors Reviews
Finding the best canister vacuum for hardwood floors is getting complicated as there are so many models being introduced into the market. So, it’s more critical for you to know and understand what makes a canister ‘best’ for cleaning the hard floors.
However, here is based on our research and we recommend the top three canister cleaners for hardwood floors.
#1 Bissell 1161 Hard Floor Expert Deluxe Canister Vacuum
The best choice is this vacuum from Bissell. This model is specialized in hard floor for your cleaning needs. Here are the top features of this cleaner:
• Powerful, yet cleans delicately to protect your hard floor surfaces.
• Non-marking rubber wheels with felt treads. This can prevents the scratch on the wood floor.
• Super lightweight and easy to maneuver. It is easy to maneuver and store the vacuum. Also, you can easily carry up and down stairs when needed.
• The hard wood floor rotating brush is super soft but highly effective. This result in great pickup.
• Fingertip control allows you to control the suction to safely clean delicate surfaces like drapes and upholstery (batteries included).
• The Easy Empty™ dirt tank opens from the bottom for no-mess disposal.
• The power cord is a bit short. However, you can extend your reach with a flexible, 8 ft. hose Hence, the retractable cord is really a plus.
• Onboard tools include a dusting tool, crevice tool, telescoping extension wand, and low pile carpet tool.
• It has 2-year limited warranty.
• Click here for review or let’s see how to use this vacuum in the following video:
This is a great cleaner for a small price. It’s an excellent option for the price and this little machine lives up to it’s billing. Work well on both hardwood floors and thinner carpets. Although some people complaint that the dust container is small but you can empty it easily. The sweeper head gets in every little place under the cabinets and appliances with ease. Should you have any problem, you can email them at: https://www.bissell.com/support/contact-us/email-us
#2 Miele Classic C1 Olympus Canister Vacuum
This is one of the best selling canister vacuums at online stores because of the great features with affordable price. Here are some of the great features of this vacuum:
• With the 1200 watt motor suction power, it is very strong even when the bag is getting full.
• A lightweight and quiet canister makes it easily carry around and you can do the cleaning even at mid-night.
• A six-speed rotary dial power control let you easily control the power while cleaning different type of floors.
• Stainless steel telescopic wand delivers a long operating radius of 29.5 feet. The power cord is not very long (21 feet) but it comes with automatic cord retraction.
• Auto-seal FilterBag instantly locks in dirt, dust and allergens when the bag is remove from the machine.
• It equipped with safety shut-off feature to prevent long hours cleaning and overheated.
• Unique design – Static-dissipation in the handle, real rubber wheels, front wheel on a pivot, all parts are serviceable.
• A bagged cleaner that required you to empty the bag and it use Air Clean filter (not HEPA).
• Unbeatable 7-year suction motor & casing, & 1-year all non-wearing components warranty.
• Visit this page for more details review and get the product at the best price now.
This is so far the best ‘value for money’ model that is suitable for various types of floors including hardwood floors. It’s also one of the cheaper yet quality model vacuums by Miele. Several attachments are included for added convenient especially above the floor cleaning. So, get this cleaner as it’s one of the reliable canister vac.
#3 Panasonic MC-CG917 Canister Vacuum with OptiFlow Technology
This Panasonic vacuum model brings you a new concept in vacuum airflow technology. The Optiflow is able to maintain a consistent airflow through the dust bag even the bag was full.
Following are the Panasonic MC-CG917 vacuum product features:
• It has 12 amps motor power offers excellent cleaning ability on all type of surfaces.
• It has dual-motor system helps extend the life of the belt and gentler carpet cleaning.
• The power on/off switch on the handle let you easily control the vacuum. The suction control allows you to change vacuum cleaner suction for different fabric and carpet weight.
• The Power Nozzle comes with overload protection (reset button) that can stop the Power Nozzle motor when the brush jams and prevents belt breakage.
• It uses the HEPA filter that captures 99.97% of small particles such as allergens, irritants, and pollutants. This is especially useful for those that suffered allergies and asthma.
• The wand has a “U” shaped flange that slides into the “U” shaped slot on the canister. The slot allows the wands and Power Nozzle to be stored with the canister to conserve storage space.
• The 360-degree hose swivel allows the hose to turn without moving the canister. This added convenient for you especially cleaning the small areas.
• The thermal protector turns the motor off automatically if a clog prevents the normal flow of air to the canister motor. This allows the motor to cool in order to prevent possible damage to the vacuum cleaner.
• The long 24 foot cord with automatic cord rewind let you clean the average rooms without having to keep plug and re-plugging.
• It has 1 year parts and labor warranty.
• Click here for more info or read the full reviews about this vacuum cleaner now.
This is an excellent bagless vacuum that can last for years to come. In fact, this cleaner is not only good for hard floors but also efficient in cleaning the pet hair. I highly recommend you read the customer reviews online such as in Amazon or Walmart to double confirm this.
Until now, you may still wondering where to get the vacuum as recommended above. I highly suggest you to go to the local vacuum stores and seek advices from the professional salesman and test the unit. After that, you can read all the honest reviews available online and you also can directly order from the online stores after checking the price and if there is free shipping option available.
Categorised in: Articles & Tips